Kirk Hammett Hate

• Members

Kirk has gone on record and said that he was a pretty miserable bastard in the AJFA and Black album years. Combo of drinking and drugs and just tour/recording strain. He said during the downtime up until Load he spent a lot of time re-centering himself; learned to surf, started taking yoga, took jazz lessons, and hung out at the tattoo/piercing parlours near his house and these days he seems MUCH more relaxed.

Metallica is still one of my favourite bands, although I don't really listen to them often because all of the music is permanently engraved in my mind. They were a big influence on my decision to be a professional musician and I'll always have a lot of respect for them, even when they stumble.

Now, are you guys done trying to figure out who has the bigger e-cock?
:facepalm:

Kerouac... Thanks for putting it in perspective...

I got out alot of the hostility I needed to for Gennation talking smack.

I am done with the outbursts till the next one of his.

;)

As far as Kirk's "getting his groove back".... I don't think it changed his playing much, really... he may very well be more centered as a person..... but musically, I dunno...

Same story wit hJohn Frusciante, who was infact one of my favorite guitarists around the Mother's Mil;k and Blood Sugar Sex Magic era.... He was amazing at that point, with great feel, funkiness, tone and taste... Then he became a junkie and quit the band... The nhe "miraculously" re-emerged and now he sucks... He does yoga and is supposedly living clean and healthy, but that has not helped his music get back on track.. he destroyed himself to an extent.... Listen back to Blood Sugar Sex magic and then listen to any of the newer ones... No comparison...

Attitude, solos, feel...amazing on BSSM... not so much on any of the new stuff...

Kirk just never really had it, as far as i am concerned.... but he hasn't gotten better or worse, really... Pretty much the same bag of tricks....

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kerouac... Thanks for putting it in perspective...

I got out alot of the hostility I needed to for Gennation talking smack.

I am done with the outbursts till the next one of his.

;)

As far as Kirk's "getting his groove back".... I don't think it changed his playing much, really... he may very well be more centered as a person..... but musically, I dunno...

Same story wit hJohn Frusciante, who was infact one of my favorite guitarists around the Mother's Mil;k and Blood Sugar Sex Magic era.... He was amazing at that point, with great feel, funkiness, tone and taste... Then he became a junkie and quit the band... The nhe "miraculously" re-emerged and now he sucks... He does yoga and is supposedly living clean and healthy, but that has not helped his music get back on track.. he destroyed himself to an extent.... Listen back to Blood Sugar Sex magic and then listen to any of the newer ones... No comparison...

Attitude, solos, feel...amazing on BSSM... not so much on any of the new stuff...

Kirk just never really had it, as far as i am concerned.... but he hasn't gotten better or worse, really... Pretty much the same bag of tricks....

Blood Suger Sex Magic is a a perfect album, i can listen to that all the way through and not many albums can do that. One hot minute had its moments, i thought Dave was good for them, back comes John F and there just meh now...

Archived