(Spam) Internet Radio Interview Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 9pm Eastern

jonfinn

• Members

Next Tuesday Jan 10 at 9pm (8 Central) I'm being interviewed by David Lowry on his show "Live from Music City with David Lowry" It's a music-business related show by musicians for musicians.

For me it's an honor to be on the show because he gets all the "heavies"!

Maybe it's because I gained a little weight? Subtle message to get to the gym?

I'm psyched to do it actually!

• Members

Cool!

Will the program be available to listen to later, or will some of us have to get up early? I'll be up, if necessary.

Don't mention modes, maybe
:)

Hahahaha!!! I'll tell them this guy Paul in Poland thinks modes are for sissies! :-)

Yes. It'll be on itunes as a podcast (or so I heard). That way me making an ass of myself will live in perpetuity!

• Members

I enjoyed that, Jon - some great music of yours in there!

It must have been weird talking on the phone for two hours. You gave out some excellent advice for budding professionals, especially re the "attitude" issue. I had some unpleasant experiences of this when I did lights for a semi-pro band way back. I once went along to see a big-name band setting up, to get some tips. A student "humper" (it was a college gig), asked the lights guy if he wanted anything.

"Can you get me a sandwich?"

"No, sorry".

"Well why the f&%# are you bothering me?"

Who needs this, in all honesty?

So I stood in for the humper, spending hours carrying heavy boxes, and later stood at the back to watch the sound check. I saw a tribe of students heading backstage, so I tagged along to get my money - ten British pounds.

"Sorry, you're not on the list."

I tried explaining, to no avail. No thanks nor nuffin'....

If I were young and hoping to make a career in music, I'd follow your example.

I can't help being curious about what you'd do musically if $5 million landed in your lap out of the blue :).

• Members

I can't help being curious about what you'd do musically if $5 million landed in your lap out of the blue
:)

Hah! Easy:

-Build a world class studio

-Start my own record label

-Record as much music as I can stand making

-Tour the world with a 30-piece band

You did ask!

Archived