Nile Rodgers Masterclass

• Members

Telling me to grow up after the kind of language you've been using here and your childish statements about black people and culture? There is plenty of useful lesson material in the first video on this thread - if you don't want to learn, you don't want to learn.

It's a masterclass on FUNK, not metal soloing or whatever it was you were looking for. Guitar playing isn't just about soloing.

No, I'm not contributing anymore to this thread or discussing anything with you for a while. You have been on the attack on Nile and black folks from the start of this thread. I didn't want to believe it, but you kept going with it. I'd rather discuss music with people who aren't so hateful.

Scuse me language? Childish statements? You mean like instead of lying? You always struck me as pretty accomplished don't get stuck on vain man.

• Members

Why is that opinion important to anybody in a thread about Chic's guitarist? Answer: It isn't.

Why am I more interesting than Nile Rodgers?

And why do people pull down fragments just to take a shot?

And mostly, why is a musical observation unimportant? Aren't these things supposed to be discussions? Where did Girevik stipulate mandatory love? Indat censorship?

• Moderators

Why am I more interesting than Nile Rodgers?

And why do people pull down fragments just to take a shot?

And mostly, why is a musical observation unimportant? Aren't these things supposed to be discussions? Where did Girevik stipulate mandatory love? Indat censorship?

More interesting? Hardly. Distracting? Absolutely. Censorship? How ridiculous and pious of you. A little kid waving his arms in the air in front of me at the movie theater is not more interesting than the movie. He's just a little pain is the ass and I wish his mom would make him stop.

And yes, I would move if I could but there he is, being a pain in the ass with his sense of entitlement and his arms in the air saying "look at me". And he's not old enough yet to just realize what a pain he is, and just stop it. Or maybe he does realize what a pain he is and is getting off on it.

What a pain. I need some popcorn...

• Members

Now now boys... 1001gear has been on here for a long time. His answers (although usually somewhat cryptic) have never shown a hint of racism. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

Gear - your comments did make me wince a bit as they came off a little racist... but as I said knowing your past my reaction was "man, I bet he gets a hard time over that!".

ANYWAY, personally I took a lot from that video. Its cool to watch his thing isolated and hear what he is thinking about it. In my travels i have come to realize: even more important than the notes the greats play is the mindset behind it. I learn FAR more hearing a guy talk than I do him showing me some scale or voicing. You can get THAT anywhere.

• Members

ANYWAY, personally I took a lot from that video. Its cool to watch his thing isolated and hear what he is thinking about it. In my travels i have come to realize: even more important than the notes the greats play is the mindset behind it. I learn FAR more hearing a guy talk than I do him showing me some scale or voicing. You can get THAT anywhere.

Glad to see you got a lot out of it, Jeremy. Even if I didn't hear your playing, which amply backs up just about anything you say, I still enjoy and learn from your posts.

• Moderators

I would love to see him do the same video with a either a piano player playing the vocal melodies clearly or a vocalist doing the same. So much of what he's illustrating is how his guitar harmony supports the main melody. I know he refers to the keys a bit, but really, his struggle to sing the parts points out how important that is to his point.

I loved hearing him play the full voicings then his truncated guitar voicings to see how his understanding (he did write this stuff) might be downplayed by his simplified guitar harmony. Anyway... very cool video.

• Members

Now now boys... 1001gear has been on here for a long time. His answers (although usually somewhat inarticulate) have never shown a hint of racism. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

:)

People get miffed and only see words. And yeah, I get annoyed having to argue btu (unintended but hey ...) what are the alternatives?

Prepare a dissertation with painstaking attention to tact nobody'll read.

Have an attorney prepare a dissertation with painstaking attention to tact nobody'll read.

Learn to kiss ass, :)-|--

More often than not I prefer blurting.

• Members

I loved hearing him play the full voicings then his truncated guitar voicings to see how his understanding (he did write this stuff) might be downplayed by his simplified guitar harmony. Anyway... very cool video.

Me too. This is one of the key lessons in the video.

Archived