Anyone used Tom Hess' Practice Generator?

• Members

I am sure he is very knowledgeable and has great chops. But ripping Frusiante is bush league. For the record I am not really even a peppers fan. He has written nothing even close to the vacinity of JF in terms of musical importance or originality. Until he does comments like those do nothing to improve his credibility. If he is so great he should understand this. Does Andy Summers suck too? Or for that matter Buddy Guy? I guess George Harrison was pretty crap too cause he can't sweep pick a minor seven arp at 200bpm

I only said that Tom is creative and has an excellent grasp of music theory. I never jumped to defend him ripping RHCP, even though I laughed when I saw that segment of the video. I couldn't care less if he insults Frusciante.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

hey i have also been lokking at a way to better my guitar and have found

prac

prac

the first one is a prac gen u download the second is a  website they both very good for all lvl's i believe and its free im still new to the site's but from what i see they are quite good

:smiley-music017:

• Members

1001gear wrote:

People ask about playing real fast; I point 'em to Tom Hess. They can sort it out for themselves. I think though that Hess's music is comically mechanical. So if you just want bionic chops, go.

EVERYTHING ELSE about music, involves some kind of music. You learn to operate your instrument so you can play it - music that is. What kind of material do you do? Gigs? What's your default performance level? If you have any of these concerns, forget Hess.

I'm glad someone said this. It needed to be said. Also, Tom Hess is the Anton Lavey of guitar. But that's secondary to his massive cheese factor and bionic chops. Kinda' like the Conlon Nancarrow of guitar.

• Members

Darrell_Curtis wrote:

Anyway, I'm sure he's good at getting people to learn stuff, but to be honest I checked out all his students playing and it was all pretty horrible music.
Like if you grated cheese all over a drum machine and then overbaked it in the oven.
Personally I like guitar that sounds like a guitar, - he doesn't seem to cater for this and to be honest I think he'd find it hard to teach anything but 'chops' and economy styles by correspondence.

Luke,

That's the funniest thing I read or heard in days. And I mean that as in sincerely, genuinely funny. Thank you for the good, hearty laugh. I needed it, even if Hess didn't.

I just watched your lesson on your site. Nice teaching.

Archived