Differences between the DML-10, 20, and I, II, and III series?

• Members

What is the difference between these models of the DML. Is there one thats really a lot better then the others? I've heard teh 10 is better then the 20 series, why? Is it just longer delay times?

Which shoudl I search out since i can't find any of either of these.

• Members
Originally posted by fretless

I have a few , which one are you talking about .

Well, the second from the left is the only one from the DML series, right? That one is just the plain DML (no 10 or 20).

• Members

Originally posted by StrykeBack

perhaps this one?

23_1_b.jpg

Just paid 145 on ebay for it. It popped up and I decided to snap it up in the first couple hours since these seem to be going like hotcakes and up in price. I love delay
:D

hey that was mine :D

hate to sell it and the rest of my pedals but man we keep getting nailed with bad $ luck :(

you'll love it :cool:

• Members

oh well cool. I remember reading about what happened so I'm glad I could help out. And I'm also glad its coming from a harmony central effects guy, probably means it was treated well :D

It'l be given a good home alongside my dd-20 and any other delays i can get ahold of.

Trying to think of funky effects i can come up with this, the dd-20 and my modded pigtronix ep-1 that should be back this week. Oh heck yeah, i'm glad college is done!:mad::D

• Members

perhaps this one?

23_1_b.jpg

Just paid 145 on ebay for it. It popped up and I decided to snap it up in the first couple hours since these seem to be going like hotcakes and up in price. I love delay
:D

very nice ;)

• Members

What is the difference between these models of the DML. Is there one thats really a lot better then the others? I've heard teh 10 is better then the 20 series, why? Is it just longer delay times?

They are as follows:

DDL Digital Delay and DML Digital Modulation Delay - from the L or Master series, 1985. DDL had 1800ms of delay with a looping function. DML had 512ms of delay with modulation. The DCL Digital Chorus and DFL Flanger also came from this line, which was the first digital effects in pedal form from Ibanez/Maxon.

DDL10 Delay II and DML10 Modulation Delay - digital delay and modulation delay from the 10 or Power series, 1986. Evolved version of the DDL and DML. I believe both had 512ms of delay but might be wrong on this. There was also a DL10 Digial Delay (which would happen to be the blue Delay I) that had three knobs and less delay time than the DDL10.

DDL20 Delay III and DML20 Modulation Delay II were like the DDL10 and DML10, except with 1024ms of delay on each. 1987?

As far as which one to buy - the DDL is a great digital delay. DML20 provides the most options for the modulation delays.

• Members

They are as follows:

DDL Digital Delay and DML Digital Modulation Delay - from the L or Master series, 1985. DDL had 1800ms of delay with a looping function. DML had 512ms of delay with modulation. The DCL Digital Chorus and DFL Flanger also came from this line, which was the first digital effects in pedal form from Ibanez/Maxon.

DDL10 Delay II and DML10 Modulation Delay - digital delay and modulation delay from the 10 or Power series, 1986. Evolved version of the DDL and DML. I believe both had 512ms of delay but might be wrong on this. There was also a DL10 Digial Delay (which would happen to be the blue Delay I) that had three knobs and less delay time than the DDL10.

DDL20 Delay III and DML20 Modulation Delay II were like the DDL10 and DML10, except with 1024ms of delay on each. 1987?

As far as which one to buy - the DDL is a great digital delay. DML20 provides the most options for the modulation delays.

• Members

Originally posted by MarkSimpson

They are as follows:

The DML10 II has 900ms of delay, not 512. DML 20 has 1024ms of delay.

• Members

Does anybody have the manual to the DML 10 II ? Or can tell me where to get it. Even if you were to scan it as a jpeg that would be awesome. Just got the pedal tonight and can't wait to really tweak it to death but I always like to listen to their examples to see how they set it up originally.

• Members

Does anybody have the manual to the DML 10 II ? Or can tell me where to get it. Even if you were to scan it as a jpeg that would be awesome. Just got the pedal tonight and can't wait to really tweak it to death but I always like to listen to their examples to see how they set it up originally.

Believe it or not, I actually do have a manual...thanks to (((echo))), who spotted it on eBay for me!

:)

I'll see what I can do.

• Members

Okay, who's your daddy?

Here's a pic of the original sample settings, as well as how I had mine set last time I used it. I like to have the rate high and the depth low on the modulation. When you try it, you'll notice that there's a "sweet spot" on the depth (the exact spot depends on the exact delay time). When you're in the right area, the pedal will "jump" from almost inaudible modulation to almost in-your-face modulation...you have to play around with it there to get the subtle-but-still-noticeable "Edge delay" modulated delay sound.

:)

• Members

Have any of you DML users adjusted the settings on the inside. I had a friend that said he turned up the feedback so that it self oscillates better. I opened it up and it looks like there are atleast 5 different pots to tweak with a tinyiest of the tiny screwdrivers. Mine still seems to break up if I try to push way too much signal through it, wanted to see if there was a pot to adjust that in there.

• Members

Have any of you DML users adjusted the settings on the inside. I had a friend that said he turned up the feedback so that it self oscillates better. I opened it up and it looks like there are atleast 5 different pots to tweak with a tinyiest of the tiny screwdrivers. Mine still seems to break up if I try to push way too much signal through it, wanted to see if there was a pot to adjust that in there.

It is the only pot on the face of the circuit board...it is clealrly labeled "repeats." I turned it clockwise and it got into Self oscillation territory.

Archived