Problem with my Rat Pedal

shawnc

• Members

Help,

My ProCo Rat Deucetone is acting up, anyone have any ideas what's wrong. Here's what happens....when I go from a clean tone to a distorted tone or from one channel to the next by hitting the stomp switch, my volume will drop by about 80%. This issue is sporatic, it sometimes happen, sometimes does not, and when it does happen, If i kick(yes I said kick) the pedal, it goes back to %100 volume.

Do I have a deffective switch, a loose connection? Any ideas?

On the plus side, since this pedal is causing me problems I have removed it from my pedal board and replaced it with a TS9 tubescreemer and a Voodoo Labs Sparkyl Drive, much cleaner sounding, but not that heavy Rat gain that I like.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So I just called ProCo about my Rat, I told them it was probable not under warrenty anymore. They told me to send it anyway and that they would fix it for free. Plus they said it would only take them a day to look at it. All I have to do is pay for shiiping there.

Excellent customer service. I highly recommend them.

Cheers

shawn C

• Members

Originally posted by pete7cene

ive got an annoying problem with my rat too, i that whenever i stomp i get a nasty scratch sound, sorta like plugging a lead into an already-on amp. any ideas?

In my experience, with pedals and with other electrical/electronic devices that use Heavy Duty type footswitches there tends to be a wear issue with switches that use a metal stem. With repeated use the stem rubs against the threaded part of the switch body and creates tiny metal particles that fall into the switch causing that type of problem. Check to see if there is wear on the actuating stem of the switch. If there is, it's time to replace the switch.

I hope this helps.

Dean

Archived