Fuzz face?

• Members

Hey, I'm not too familiar with fuzzes (hardly any to try in my area :() but I've checked a few out on the web including the crucible fuzz, the fuzz factory, dunlop fuzz face, and a few others. I watched the demo video of the Fuzz Factory and was quite impressed. I really liked the first tone he uses on the video which is supposed to to imitate a fuzz face. Is this what a dunlop fuzz face sounds like? What fuzz pedals can i get that first sound with?

I would get the fuzz factory, except that it's out of my budget at this point in time. Does anyone have some good samples of a bunch of fuzz pedals that i can listen to? (Nothing really in my area) A price of under $150 is what I'm shooting for. Something used would be kickass though.

I have MIM strat (new pickups soon hopefully) A delta blues 210 and a TS10. Thanks.

• Members

Oh, CAD...my bad. My understanding is that the only real difference between vextor and painted is that the painted one you can send to zvex for free repairs because it has a life time warrenty. The vextor doesn't. Also, the vextor has led and power while the painted uses only batteries. I think the new ones also come with power supply stuff or whatever?

Someone save me from my idiocy :)

• Members
Originally posted by troubbble

Oh, CAD...my bad. My understanding is that the only real difference between vextor and painted is that the painted one you can send to zvex for free repairs because it has a life time warrenty. The vextor doesn't. Also, the vextor has led and power while the painted uses only batteries. I think the new ones also come with power supply stuff or whatever?

Someone save me from my idiocy
:)

Ya, I just checked into it and i think you're right about the vexter. Can anyone else suggest any other good fuzz pedals? There seems to be so many that I'm totally lost.

• Members

Originally posted by troubbble

I've been trying to figure out where my fuzz money should go for a while. I think I might finally be caving toward the fuzz factory even though I'm afraid of it's trendyness and such.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Surely someone has been here before with some fuzzy results? Help the fuzzless!!!

• Members
Originally posted by BigFurryWhale

Hey, I'm not too familiar with fuzzes (hardly any to try in my area
:(
) but I've checked a few out on the web including the crucible fuzz, the fuzz factory, dunlop fuzz face, and a few others. I watched the
demo video of the Fuzz Factory
and was quite impressed. I really liked the first tone he uses on the video which is supposed to to imitate a fuzz face. Is this what a dunlop fuzz face sounds like? What fuzz pedals can i get that first sound with?

I would get the fuzz factory, except that it's out of my budget at this point in time. Does anyone have some good samples of a bunch of fuzz pedals that i can listen to? (Nothing really in my area) A price of under $150 is what I'm shooting for. Something used would be kickass though.

I have MIM strat (new pickups soon hopefully) A delta blues 210 and a TS10. Thanks.

AM SUNFACE
- NO led, NO jack, smaller box, sun-dial. NKT's $235
sunfacenktdial.jpg

FULLTONE '69
-led, ac jack, bias knob, tone knob $169
69_anim.gif

LONDON FUZZ 1&2
- with led, with ac jack, you can choose any color, taller box $165
mjm_londonfuzz_front.gif

Mc FUZZ "Hot" or regular
optional ac, LED, tone knob $149
hhhhotttt-med.jpg

ARAMAT MOJO FUZZ
-with led, ac jack, tone knob $139-$119 (?)
mjFront.jpg

CRUCIBLE FUZZ
-NO led, NO ac jack, NO tone knob, with BC109's -$125
Cruciblesm.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzface71

AM SUNFACE

- NO led, NO jack, smaller box, sun-dial. NKT's $235

sunfacenktdial.jpg

FULLTONE '69

-led, ac jack, bias knob, tone knob $169

69_anim.gif

LONDON FUZZ 1&2

- with led, with ac jack, you can choose any color, taller box $165

mjm_londonfuzz_front.gif

Mc FUZZ "Hot" or regular

optional ac, LED, tone knob $149

hhhhotttt-med.jpg

ARAMAT MOJO FUZZ

-with led, ac jack, tone knob $139-$119 (?)

mjFront.jpg

CRUCIBLE FUZZ

-NO led, NO ac jack, NO tone knob, with BC109's -$125

Cruciblesm.jpg

Wow, quite the list! Unfortunately most of those are out of my price range, I'll check them out though.

So it sounds like the Fuzz face isn't what I'm looking for? I listened to a couple samples of a Big Muff earlier that i found quite appealing. Anyone else care to chime in about fuzzes?

• Members

you should try the orginal germanium fuzzface or something like a reissue or similar. There is a diy fuzzface kit also. Someone can probably build it for you. It's a great effects and has that classic sound that everyone loves, well, maybe not everyone..but many people do. I know i do. It is such a versatile sound. Try it out. You can probably get one for $60. Once you get to know that fuzz, move on to other fuzzes. I don't think the fuzzfactory is a beginner's fuzz, cos it's too much of a tweaker pedal.

• Members

You need to find out whether it's the Silicon, Op-Amp or Germanium sound you like. If you like the Big Muff sound the Skreddy Zero ($183 with Postage) or the Euthymia ICBM ($145 -more for a LED and DC) seem the best . ..also DaMoaf($165). The Crucible SI is only $125, that's a silicon Fuzz Face clone.
Check the Fuzz Lounge!

• Members
Originally posted by BigFurryWhale

Wow, quite the list! Unfortunately most of those are out of my price range, I'll check them out though.

So it sounds like the Fuzz face isn't what I'm looking for? I listened to a couple samples of a Big Muff earlier that i found quite appealing. Anyone else care to chime in about fuzzes?

The Crucible and Mojo Fuzz and McFuzz are below $150? :confused:

Check out some of these soundfiles http://www.mjmguitarfx.com/mjm_soundsamples.html

Archived