What the fung?

pighood

• Members

"Seriously though, this keyboard started out as a roll up keyboard, made by some no-name company in china (seriously, no name on it or the box at all). Features are similar to what you might find on a casio SA series or yamaha PSS, or very similar to the ubiquitous hing-hon keyboards."

Did anyone see the most recent episode of Rescue Me?

• Members

In keeping with the "asian" theme of this thread, the Butter Studios Myspace page refers to a club called the "12 Galaxies", named in honor of SF's favorite protester.

I just saw the "12 Galaxies" guy 2 days ago in Oakland. He is a chinese protester that carries a sign on Market Street "Impeach Clinton, and the 12 Galaxies . . . Guiltied to a Zegnotronic Rocket Society" I kid you not. He is an Icon. He's Iconoclastic. He's crazy.

http://12galaxies.20m.com/

• Members

The funny part is that he will engage you in political discussions. When I saw him a couple days ago I was in my car, he was walking in Oakland's Chinatown. I had read that he lived in Oakland and took BART to the City to protest. I've been seeing him for at least 7 years. He likes to debate the people at Market and Montgomery, particularly the bike messengers.

Now back to bent roll up keyboards

• Members

I know you are saying "BLUE" like Democratic, San Francisco Liberal.

My dad was in the Navy in WWII (on the USS Kenton) and did 28 years in the SFPD. He was the Sargeant in charge of the "hats and bats" squad (riot control) during '60s (San Francisco State anyone). He is a "Democrat" in name (he remembers Harry Bridges and grew up in the Depression. I don't remember a Democrat that he has voted for President.

I've done my time in the military. Almost went to the first gulf war in the reserves.

Me, I'm still registered as a libertarian (since 1985, my college years). I vote the candidate. I voted for Arnie, not because he was republican but because I liked his platform.

I saw Milton Friedman speak in 1985 at the Clarion by the SF Airport. The Chicago School ought to read "Free to Choose" as their refesher course. Mises, and the whole Austrian school of Economics. Personal AND economic freedom is what I believe people really want. There is a place for government in that model.

[steps off soapbox]

• Members

Originally posted by wysiwyg

I know you are saying "BLUE" like Democratic, San Francisco Liberal.

My dad was in the Navy in WWII (on the USS Kenton) and did 28 years in the SFPD. He was the Sargeant in charge of the "hats and bats" squad (riot control) during '60s (San Francisco State anyone). He is a "Democrat" in name (he remembers Harry Bridges and grew up in the Depression. I don't remember a Democrat that he has voted for President.

I've done my time in the military. Almost went to the first gulf war in the reserves.

Me, I'm still registered as a libertarian (since 1985, my college years). I vote the candidate. I voted for Arnie, not because he was republican but because I liked his platform.

I saw Milton Friedman speak in 1985 at the Clarion by the SF Airport. The Chicago School ought to read "Free to Choose" as their refesher course. Mises, and the whole Austrian school of Economics. Personal AND economic freedom is what I believe people really want. There is a place for government in that model.

[steps off soapbox]

Pighood

I wasn't trying to bait you, only trying to engage conversation (dialogue in a John Stuart Mills On Liberty Kinda way). People have become so ramped up about BLUE and RED.

• Members

[back on the Soapbox]

Read Mills in the 1800s. September 11, 2001 is the "except" "except during some some temporary panic" clause:

Though the law of England, on the subject of the press, is as servile to this day as it was in the time of the Tudors, there is little danger of its being actually put in force against political discussion, except during some temporary panic, when fear of insurrection drives ministers and judges from their propriety; 1 and, speaking generally, it is not, in constitutional countries, to be apprehended, that the government, whether completely responsible to the people or not, will often attempt to control the expression of opinion, except when in doing so it makes itself the organ of the general intolerance of the public.

I am a lawyer by day. Our great justice Oliver Wendel Holmes expressed similar views of our 1st amendment freedom of speech. The Supreme Court forumlated a Clear and Present Danger test (Harrison Ford be dammed).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Wendell_Holmes,_Jr.

Howard Stern:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrams_v._United_States

Archived