Need some advice...new to this scene

BAM

• Members

Hey guys, I'm looking to add some keys into my music and am looking for some suggestions, as i have virtually no knowledge of this field. anyhow, I'm looking to keep my price range around $200-$250. So far, I have found the Alesis QS6.1 which seems just about perfect, but I have had no luck on ebay in terms of maintaining my price range. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? anything else i might want to look at? thanks

• Members

Originally posted by asynchro_nous

Hello --

It would be good if you were more specific about your musical goals and your musical background.

[The world of "keys" is so broad that it is really impossible to give you any meaningful advice based on your post as it is .......]

sorry, looking back i was being very vague.

Basically, I play guitar primarily, but want to add some piano and some synth sounds in the back of my recordings. I'm looking for something that has several options to play around with (i like making noise), a standard sized keyboard. i know im still being general, and i appologize, but when i say i'm new to this, i mean i'm new to this, so my descriptions might be off. its prefered that it has the little thing that bends the note. but, i'm looking for something that can produce piano harmonies.

I mentioned the QS6.1 before, which i almost exactly what im looking for.

http://i6.tinypic.com/140jfp4.jpg

i still want to shop around a bit. if you need anymore information that can help dont hesitate. thanks again and sorry if im being unclear.

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

about the computah....?

or are you against a softsynth/controller setup?

i'm always open to new ideas, but im usually not a fan of such things. but give me your best shot. i can be easily pursuaded.

• Members

Originally posted by BAM ................. I have found the Alesis QS6.1 which seems just about perfect, but I have had no luck on ebay in terms of maintaining my price range. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? .....................

keep trying for the QS.

there are a couple other options in that price range:

an entry level keyboard from yamaha or casio (which will give you the piano sounds you want).

or you could get a midi controller keyboard (with no sounds), and use some free softsynths on your computer.

• Members

BAM,

I know exactly the position in your in, I'm mainly a guitar player who started getting into synths as a means to add keys to my compositions.

The QS6 is great, you can definitely find it for under $250, just wait it out until you find one with a low BIN. Check Ebay's completed auctions - they go for under $200 all the time. You might also want to look at the Yamaha CS2X, thats also a good Rompler synth in that price range.

Archived