farfisa fast 4 help

• Members

Hi everyone. I just got a farfisa fast 4 to restore. I was told it used to work and then the previous owner lost the fuse/fuse holder cap. I'm trying to find what type of fuse and holder cap i should use. I've tried the fuse and cap from my fender vibro champ, but no sound. When i turn the power on, the switch lights up, but that's the only sign of life i have. Anybody work on these? Can anybody reccomend some test points i should check to with a multimeter to see if the fuse i'm using is actually working and its another problem?

any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

-Trav

• Members

The fuse should not be the problem if the switch lights up. It may have some other fuses in there but I don't tend to believe that this is the cause for the problem. Also, did you just use the Fender's fuse ? that could be dangerous. You should really use the exact one that the unit requires. Did you buy it, or in other words does the guy you got it from have any interest of not telling all truth about it ? These units will almost always have some bad caps in them.

Archived