DHP-33 or DHP-55?

UnChained!

• Members

The 33 is the way to go.

I suppose the 55 is fine, but there's no IVL chip in there. And it's not supposed to sound nearly as good as the 33.

However, it does do 5-part harmonizing (to the 33's 3-part).

I'd say it's worth checking out at the rate the 33s are going for these days. But get a 33 eventually...they're gold.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

The 33 is the way to go.

I suppose the 55 is fine, but there's no IVL chip in there. And it's not supposed to sound nearly as good as the 33.

However, it does do 5-part harmonizing (to the 33's 3-part).

I'd say it's worth checking out at the rate the 33s are going for these days. But get a 33 eventually...they're gold.

Thanks! I might give it a try, if the price doesn't go to high. What's a fiar market price for a dhp-33 in relatively good shape?

• Members

Originally posted by UnChained!

Thanks! I might give it a try, if the price doesn't go to high. What's a fiar market price for a dhp-33 in relatively good shape?

I'm not the best person to ask about "fair market price."

I'm a cheapskate, and don't mind waiting for months if necessary to get a good deal.

I've had two DHP-33s, and got them for about $125 each. I think a "fair" price is $200 or less. Market price is more...I wouldn't pay more than $250 for one.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

I'm not the best person to ask about "fair market price."

I'm a cheapskate, and don't mind waiting for months if necessary to get a good deal.

I've had two DHP-33s, and got them for about $125 each. I think a "fair" price is $200 or less. Market price is more...I wouldn't pay more than $250 for one.

That's cool, thanks. Like I said above, the one on ebay went for over $300. I thought that was a little high. Currently, the DHP-55 is at $95.

Thanks again!

• Members

Definitely the DHP-33, as everyone else here already mentioned.

I owned both the IPS-33B and DHP-33 and I thought the DHP-33 sounded better and it is definitely easier to tweak and program.

Sold the IPS-33B for way more money back in the day (what did I get for it again Zach? $380? I forget but it was just completely insane) and kept the DHP-33.

If I ever decided to sell the DHP-33 it'd be sooo sweet, cause mine is in dead mint condition with original box and manual :D

Archived