Maxon Od 9 vs Od 808

surfcat

• Members

Other than the true bypass on the 9, is there a difference in sound? I really liked the 808 when I tried it, but they didn't have the other one, but true bypass is a plus.

How do these compare to the Ibanez Ts 9 and Ts 808 reissues? I really can't see paying $169 for the Ts808-can't imagine it sounds better than the $120 Maxon 808. Haven't tried it though. Anyone compared any of these?

Oh yeah, I'm going for the SRV sound-not to be a clone, but I just love that sound-my Fulltone II gets kind of close but not too close. I also like to run them in conjuction sometimes.

• Members

the od9 is much smoother sounding than the od808. Doesn't have as much low end or gain either. More like an original ts808. The od808 has alittle bit more of a grittier sound to it (not much tho). Both are excellent pedals. Whichever one you choose, it's going to be a great decision.

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

the od9 is much smoother sounding than the od808. Doesn't have as much low end or gain either. More like an original ts808. The od808 has alittle bit more of a grittier sound to it (not much tho). Both are excellent pedals. Whichever one you choose, it's going to be a great decision.

Thanks. I sure would like to try them side by side. Barring that though, the 808 would have to be my first choice since I really liked it. Anyone know how good the non true-bypass is-is there much noise or treble loss?

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

Interesting, perhaps that's why the people on the amp forum tend to use the Maxon OD808 over the OD9 to boost their amp

Archived