What's the simplest setup you use when playing (On stage or practicing)

soulpatch

• Members

at home i usually just practise unamplified with my electrics (guitar or bass)

when i play amplified at home i usually just plug through everything (even though i rarely use it all)

out with friends or so on, with my band i was only using guitar -> amp, or guitar -> dirt -> amp (depending on if i had my amp or was using something else)

i dont use much effects really, other than dirt, i have a wah and tremolo and stuff, but i only really use those at home

David

• Members

Roland ready Strat>

Boss CE-1>Roland Jet Phaser>Moosapotamus Dirty-Bird>OD-1>Boss DF-2>Zvex Fuzz Probe>Fender Blender>Ibanez SD-9>Ibanez PQ-401>DOD 280 Comp>Boss NS-2>Boss>MXR Flanger>ADA FlangerEH-2>Ibanez AD-9>Boss DD-5>Dunlop TVP+>Ibanez Stereo Box>WEM Copicat(tube)>Sony TC-262 (tube)>

Cornish Buffered switching Midi command centre> Urie PEQ stereo compressors

Lab Series L5(left)

Vox AC-30(left)

Ampeg B-115r(centre)

Mesa Mark II (centre)

Vox Ac-30(right)

Lab Series (right)

• Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy

For practice, I'll just grab any of the guitars. I seldom plug in unless I'm playing along to a CD. For performance:

Guitar->TS5->H2O->Blues Jr.

Guitar->Zinky Blue Velvet or Trace TridentH2O

There's alot to be said for rehearsing without an amp. Ya can really hear the character of the guitar and I think it improves the way I play/sound when I plug in.

Is your Blues Jr. stock??

Stevie

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

I had a Deacon for a month. Didn't like the thin tone... and the bridge was too hard to modify to improve it.

Thin is the last word I would use to describe the tones of the Deacon or Breadwinner ... the neck is fat, warm and smooth like a jazz hollow and the neck is sharper for sure ... I usually use the blend in the middle position for all my rhythmn work. Sounds to me like somebody may have screwed with the internal trim pots for the PU's ... without the original manual most people have no idea that each pickup has it's own internal trim pot for adjusting the volume ... so you can adjust the output vol of the PU's as it has an FET preamp.

You sold a gem! ;)

p.s - ask anyone at the forum who has heard my MP3's if my tone sounds thin.