Rockstar INXS

Eddie

• Members

JD is INXS' new vocalist.

While I did like some of his singing and song-writing, I would not buy one of his records. Of course, my last INXS record was The Swing or Kick or one of those :)

I think that a lot of the singers were not stylistically right for INXS, and some need to take singing lessons!

Maybe JD is the right person for INXS, but I would have gotten rid of him a long time ago.

Maybe they should have called Phil Collins or Bryan Adams instead :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by UnkleSlam

Marty was robbed.
:mad:

I really liked Marty, and his song was very catchy. I think that the biggest issue with him was his singing/screaming.

He did improve quite a bit, but needs to work more with a vocal coach IMO. I often thought he was out of tune.

• Members

I didn't start watching the show until about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't UNimpressed with Suzie's vocals, but really couldn't see a young girl hanging with a bunch of old guys in representing a band like that.

I honestly thought MiG would take the show in the end and was kind of surprised that he got booted last night. He certainly has some stage presence that seems relatively "natural" looking, as opposed to Marty's flailing/crazed look he can have at times (I guess that has it's place too - but not with INXS), but at the end I really wasn't terribly surprised that JD won. I knew that if it came down to him and Marty, that he'd win, but if it came down to him and MiG, I didn't think he would've stood a really fair chance.

I think Dave Navarro (sp?) sounded generally tele-prompted up there, but he certainly has some cool talent on the guitar. The acoustic set of "Trees" with Marty was cool, I think.

On that note, I made a remark last night to my wife when INXS got up on stage to play for the first time, that the house band sounded WAY better, too. KILLER drummer (seriously!), and awesome lead electric guitarist, too. Then INXS gets up there and although they sounded musically "tight", they didn't sound like they were really playing OUT - just playing . . . In a battle-of-the-bands competition, I think the house band would've won in a heartbeat. Way more energy and soul in their music. INXS just sounded like a bunch of older guys who used to be able to really rock, but didn't quite have "it" anymore.

I think the offer by INXS to have Marty open for them was cool though - certainly a worthy reward for coming in a close 2nd place...

• Members

Every reality show has a a-climactic ending. I guess when you choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, you really can't lose.

I will echo the point above: Once Mig (who has phenomenal stage presence -- on a side note, the house band's tone on Bohemian Rhapsody was much better, but wish you were here still was waaay to heavy for that song) was booted, it was all JD's. I guess for this to be a "good" show they needed the wanker to win.

Patrick

• Members

Originally posted by ryanspeer

On that note, I made a remark last night to my wife when INXS got up on stage to play for the first time, that the house band sounded WAY better, too. KILLER drummer (seriously!), and awesome lead electric guitarist, too. Then INXS gets up there and although they sounded musically "tight", they didn't sound like they were really playing OUT - just playing . . . In a battle-of-the-bands competition, I think the house band would've won in a heartbeat. Way more energy and soul in their music. INXS just sounded like a bunch of older guys who used to be able to really rock, but didn't quite have "it" anymore.

True, the houseband is a ton better than INXS, but when those guys started playing their old songs it was magical. It was just right.

Archived