Rockstar INXS

Eddie

• Members

Originally posted by Eddie

I don't think that's what Ty meant. His comment was more directed towards the viewers for placing him in the bottom 3 even though his performances were good. If we forget about race and sexual orientation, Ty is someone who has been consistently good. More so than most of the remaining performers.

I don't think he was right for INXS, but the way this was handled was strange, given that JD and Jordis were awful.

By the way, isn't Jordis black too?

JD has to go next...

Marty has greatly improved ever since he stopped screaming.

Mig has a lot of stage experience and musical talent.

Either one or Jordis or Suzi could sound great with INXS. Mig seems to be the most consistent of the bunch.

Regarding the awkward moments, I don't know whether this was live, but people editing reality shows do so to get viewer reactions. I've seen a couple of shows about it, and sometimes it seemed as though people were having a conversation about someone right next to that someone, and it turned out they were never in that place at the same time
:)
I think there was a show called "The reality of reality" or something like that, in which they gave a behind the scenes look at some reality shows.

Yeah, that last bit you're talking about there, is totally true. If you pay attention you can notice that things are totally rearranged by editing. Sometimes even by days. I've seen episodes of things where someone will just suddenly be wearing a totally different shirt, then go back to the original shirt.

Its all a bunch of crap.

Honestly, I don't think any of those people are "right" for INXS.

INXS is dead.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Its all a bunch of crap.

Honestly, I don't think any of those people are "right" for INXS.

INXS is dead.

I don't know. At least they have a unique approach, even if I don't agree with it.

I loved them at the time of The Swing and Kick. I recorded a friend who wanted to do Mistify, and I had never heard that song. I rearranged it in a weird way :D

• Members

I don't know. At least they have a unique approach, even if I don't agree with it.

I loved them at the time of The Swing and Kick. I recorded a friend who wanted to do Mistify, and I had never heard that song. I rearranged it in a weird way
:D

you know, i really loved the band as a kid. Simple pop/rock band with a thoughtful singer. I remember listening to their last two albums (yes i bought them) and thinking that he was really really depressed.

• Members

I would bet it will come down to Marty and Suzie (sp?). Marty in the end.

Two things I dont get though:

1. Why would INXS consider a female singer? Personally I think there is nothing wrong w/female singer. But why replace your male lead w/female lead. Wouldnt that change the whole sound/chemistry/direction of the band? I would think they want a singer that can replicate Michael and keep the vibe of INXS.

2. Aren't these candidates many years younger than the members of INXS? I would think INXS would want someone in the same age range so the band doesnt come off looking like a bunch of old geezers backing the latest hot pop star.

• Members

Originally posted by slange316

I would bet it will come down to Marty and Suzie (sp?). Marty in the end.

Two things I dont get though:

1. Why would INXS consider a female singer? Personally I think there is nothing wrong w/female singer. But why replace your male lead w/female lead. Wouldnt that change the whole sound/chemistry/direction of the band? I would think they want a singer that can replicate Michael and keep the vibe of INXS.

2. Aren't these candidates many years younger than the members of INXS? I would think INXS would want someone in the same age range so the band doesnt come off looking like a bunch of old geezers backing the latest hot pop star.

Have you ever seen the band Garbage?

• Members

I think that the basic premise of the show is flawed in that I don't think they are or should be looking for the greatest singer, they are looking for the best person to fit in and sing with INXS. Those are 2 different things. My wife loves Jordi and wants her to win. I try and tell her that I don't thing she fits the band at all and in the end INXS would end up being a backing band for Jordis. What I think is flawed about the shows is that every week they are judging these people on how well they sing different genres, when in the end it really only matters how well they sing INXS songs.

By the way; Who else thinks that the House Band kicks INXS butt. The one guitarist is pretty amazing.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Actually, the voters didn't decide Ty should go, INXS did. So he wasn't implying the voters were racist, he was implying INXS were racist.

I was totally shocked.

And when bearded dude stood up and said he was a great soul singer, I got the impression he wasn't really listening to what he said. He had that prepared and just thought he would interrupt Ty's crying to reassure him or something.

Very akward moment.

Dave Navarro is such a goiter.

That hostess is getting hotter and hotter every day.

If I'm not mistaken, Ty was kicked out becasue he had been voted in the botom 3 on three seperate occasions by the audience. They seem to have a 3 stricks your out rule on the show.

• Members

Originally posted by shawnc

If I'm not mistaken, Ty was kicked out becasue he had been voted in the botom 3 on three seperate occasions by the audience. They seem to have a 3 stricks your out rule on the show.

Nope, Suzie was bottom 3 for 3 weeks in a row. Came back to the top on the 4th week (week 6 or 7?).

• Members

Originally posted by paydirt

I think that the basic premise of the show id flawed in that I don't think they are or should be looking for the greatest singer, they are looking for the best person to fit in and sing with INXS. Those are 2 different things. ...snip.... What I think is flawed about the shows is that every week they are judging these people on how well they sing different genres, when in the end it really only matters how well they sing INXS songs.

+1 - I remember thinking that when I watched the first episode or two. Life has intervened and I haven't kept up with the show since.

Ian

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Which has been my favorite performance so far. She can

sing
. Jordis is my favorite but INXS isn't going to choose a female to front the band.

I think they should as it would be a whole lot better to see her dangling from the end of a rope with her fingers in the pie...

:eek:

;)

:p

• Members

Originally posted by UnkleSlam

Nope, Suzie was bottom 3 for 3 weeks in a row. Came back to the top on the 4th week (week 6 or 7?).

Oh Ya I forgot that, but I think she was there after the 1st night cause she forgot some lyrics and they were making an example out of her.

• Members

From pBy the way; Who else thinks that the House Band kicks INXS butt. The one guitarist is pretty amazing.

I'll agree to that, BUT I was not impressed with the lead player's tone on "Bohemian Rhapsody." Maybe it was the Bogner/P90 Goldtop combo, but it just didn't sit well with me. If you're going to play that song, the solos should be a nice, bright, treble-boosted solo that really cuts. I felt that tone was too dark for the solos. BUT just MHO (my humble opinion). Oh well

Patrick

• Members

Did anyone also notice the obvious marketing campaigns by various music instrument companies?

The Gibson Les Pauls in the first few episodes, the Boss BR-800 and there was a scene when the guys were recording with INXS when the camera was just filming a Line 6 Vetta amp for 7 seconds.

• Members

I read an article where they're talking about that being the new commercials - planting the products inside the shows so you can't use TiVO or whatever to skip the product impressions.

Which I suppose I could ignore if they then actually filled the half hour programs with, ya know, 30 minutes of show.

• Members

I think Suzie is cute but I can't stand her voice. She looks and talks a little like Mariah so I think thats carrying her. The girl who did the original song last week had the only female performance I found outstanding and they threw her out. Marty or Mig could do well for the band but the band would have two different sounds, I think Ty was a great performer but not right for the band. I opened for INXS about twenty years ago and got to spend about 12 hours hanging and partying with them and I think they were a very friendly and down to earth bunch of guys, especially Gary. They are not the fake Hollywood bunch this show is making them out to be, Freddie Boy

• Members

Originally posted by djwa

I read an article where they're talking about that being the new commercials - planting the products inside the shows so you can't use TiVO or whatever to skip the product impressions.

Which I suppose I could ignore if they then actually filled the half hour programs with, ya know, 30 minutes of show.

Yes, they're emphasizing that approach now. Just like in the movies :)

• Members

... I recorded a friend who wanted to do Mistify, and I had never heard that song. I rearranged it in a weird way

It's rough, unmixed, unmastered, and the only version remaining given that I lost the hard drive where I had the ProTools sessions...

Although it feels slow, it's the same tempo as INXS' version.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4809499/Mystify.mp3.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived