installed a GFS Li'l Puncher (modern vintage) in my Tele last nite

AcousticControl

• Members

Originally posted by innobidova

by the way, i was at my grandma's house a couple days ago and almost had the chance to drive her delorean. it only has 500 miles on it:eek:. just needs gas and i'll actually be able to drive it next time:cool:

your grandmother is a {censored}ing badass.

next time, look in the glove compartment. there might be a big bag of coke in there. and possibly a pair of my old boxer briefs.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Do they make good P-90s? I may want to punch up my dillion mosrite a bit. Are they worth cutting costs for or should I go for broke with some Rios or something?

i have a Dream90, which is a HB-sized P90, that i have yet to install.

personally i wouldn't spend Rio money on a Dillion. try the GFS'es first. i've been really happy with all my GFS purchases.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/p90pickups.html

• Members

Crap. I've never poked around that site before. It's kind of inspiring.

I've got this silly Epi LP Special (bolt-on neck, probably worth about $35) that's been sitting in my closet, and I'm thinking. Quick dumb newbie question -- if I got P90s for it, would I still want the LP electronics upgrade kit, or would I want different value pots because they're single coil?

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Crap. I've never poked around that site before. It's kind of inspiring.

I've got this silly Epi LP Special (bolt-on neck, probably worth about $35) that's been sitting in my closet, and I'm thinking. Quick dumb newbie question -- if I got P90s for it, would I still want the LP electronics upgrade kit, or would I want different value pots because they're single coil?

i don't know nothin bout no pot values, but i'd put Filertrons in that {censored}er.

i'm all about putting Filtertrons in everything right now!!

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

Interesting

I keep thinking about picking up one of those Squier '51s for this kind of project. GFS DeArmond/Filtertron in the bridge, lipstick or sustainer at the bridge. Add a jag style trem. Equals ultimate looping beater guitar. Mebbe.

Hmmmm.

trying to work out a deal for a 51 right now, and planning on putting Filtertron in the bridge! quit stealing my ideas, ya bahstahd.

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

trying to work out a deal for a 51 right now, and planning on putting Filtertron in the bridge! quit stealing my ideas, ya bahstahd.

Cool, its going to be a while before I get to it so let me know how that turns out. I bet the majority of 51s out there are going to get modded to hell. Ya know?

• Members

I have a black Xaviere with the stock (Fat PAF) in the neck and a Dream 180 in the bridge. It's the first bridge pickup that I really really like.

In my Daisy Rock I put in a Fat PAF in the neck and a Filtertron in the bridge. I think the Filtertron sounds just like they advertise but it's not perfect for my sound. It looks so DAMN gorgeous though. ;)

~MkF!
"As my guitar gently weeps!"

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

your grandmother is a {censored}ing badass.

next time, look in the glove compartment. there might be a big bag of coke in there. and possibly a pair of my old boxer briefs.

well, not so much. she's 83 and is practically a walking corpse, but she's holding onto her dead husband's delorean (nothing in the glove compartment), two continentals, a skylark, and a cadillac. she also has an electric guitar. she says that i get the electric and possibly the delorean:cool:

Archived