vox V848 clyde mccoy reissue

Cassidy

• Members

just got my first wah. i like it a lot but i don't know much about wah technique. i've come up with a few things on my own that sound pretty cool but i'm sure i'm missing something. also, i've found that it sounds much better through my effects loop on my amp (peavey delta blues) as opposed to running it through my pedal board. anyone have any advice about wahs in general, wah techniques, or pedal setups?

also, what's a good song to learn that has a wah in it?

thanks a lot

• Members

man i have a whole wah playlist! Clapton played a lot with his wah at a fixed position (sunshine of your love, White Room) but then used it to great effect on Tales of Brave Ulysses and Presence of the lord

Carry On by CSNY has a cool wah part

How Many More Times by Zeppelin has a cool wah part

Floyd used it on "Money" and "Time"

of course Hendrix (Voodoo Child)

And i think Have you seen your mother, baby by the stones has a wah in the beginning

as far as techniques? rock it back and forth

• Members

I'm no expert on effects loops, seeing as how I've never used one, but it seems like wah wouldn't be one of the effects that would benefit from it-more like choruses and such. Anyway, with your pedalboard, if you want to try it again using the wah first in the chain, that's the way most people do it-especially since it has true bypass.

I also can recommend Ian Moore-Modernday Folklore for a good wah filled cd as well as the Black Crowes By Your Side. Lots of good Hendrix, Zep-No Quarter, Dazed and Confused, Theme from Shaft, SRV-Say What, the list goes on. I can give wah lessons for $50/hr.:D Really, not much to it, just don't go wacka wacha all the time-listen to some of these songs and try to emulate.

• Members

ha my bad let me clarify. by effects loop i meant that my amp has two seperate inputs, one for guitar, and one for effects. i run a distortion pedal and a chorus through my guitar and then into my amp.

currently i am running my wah, by itself, through the effects input. if i run the wah through my pedal board setup, it hardly has a presence when i turn the boost channel on my amp. i was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem and if they did, how did they remedy it.

nice lists though, i definatly want to check soem of those out.

Archived