i'm watching some guy on CNN stumble through hurricane ophelia coverage

Montag

• Members

Oh yeah that's the thing now. It's the stupidest {censored}ing thing I've ever seen. Why they do this {censored} I have no idea.

There was a skit on the Daily Show about it. I think it was Ed Helms. He was in a News room and had all of the monitors on different news channels and all of them had a guy standing in the hurricane with a microphone and protective goggles.

He safetybuckled himself into a chair and had a raincoat on and stuff. It was funny.

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

Oh yeah that's the thing now. It's the stupidest {censored}ing thing I've ever seen. Why they do this {censored} I have no idea.

There was a skit on the Daily Show about it. I think it was Ed Helms. He was in a News room and had all of the monitors on different news channels and all of them had a guy standing in the hurricane with a microphone and protective goggles.

He safetybuckled himself into a chair and had a raincoat on and stuff. It was funny.

that was colbert, but that was before katrina. that stuff happens every year, but after the tragedy in new orleans and elsewhere, it almost seems like theyre foaming at the mouth for yet more large scale devastation. an apocalyptic fury of wind and rain.

all the news that sells, i suppose.

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

that was colbert, but that was before katrina. that stuff happens every year, but after the tragedy in new orleans and elsewhere, it almost seems like theyre foaming at the mouth for yet more large scale devastation. an apocalyptic fury of wind and rain.

That's so THEY CAN BRING IT TO YOU FIRST.

I'd be willing to bet my house and car that CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc all have the name for the next storm disaster just in case.

DAMAGE OF NATURE

EAST COAST CRISIS

CAROLINA COLISION

etc.

I know exactly what you mean. It's almost like they've been hoping Ophelia would get bigger...."I mean John..it's a category 1 right now but you never know..this thing could get out of hand at ANY MOMENT!"

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

That's so THEY CAN BRING IT TO YOU FIRST.

I'd be willing to bet my house and car that CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc all have the name for the next storm disaster just in case.

DAMAGE OF NATURE

EAST COAST CRISIS

CAROLINA COLISION

etc.

pretty safe bet id think.

sadness.

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

i was watching as much as i could for several days. i was trying to see if they were going to do a shot where my uncle's business or house was. the day after there ended up being a flyover that showed his house, so it paid off. they ended up hooking me for 3 or 4 hours a day on that.

• Members

Originally posted by Vere

i was watching as much as i could for several days. i was trying to see if they were going to do a shot where my uncle's business or house was. the day after there ended up being a flyover that showed his house, so it paid off. they ended up hooking me for 3 or 4 hours a day on that.

are you talking about katrina coverage?

Archived