should sean buy a 30 dollar crappy chord organ?

Montag

• Members

I say no. Don't pay $30, $40, or $50 for a chord.

Most of my chords were free, off the internet.

I did sort of pay for a few chords when I was taking lessons, but most of the regular ones (G, C, Am, D, etc) were free off the internet or from friends.

Bottom line is that tone is in the fingers, so paying more won't necessarily get you a better chord. You have to practice to make your chords better.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

I say no. Don't pay $30, $40, or $50 for a chord.

Most of my chords were free, off the internet.

I did
sort of
pay for a few chords when I was taking lessons, but most of the regular ones (G, C, Am, D, etc) were free off the internet or from friends.

Bottom line is that tone is in the fingers, so paying more won't necessarily get you a better chord. You have to practice to make your chords better.

*Fake laughs in a forced manner and annoyingly high pitch*

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

*Fake laughs in a forced manner and annoyingly high pitch*

im gonna record a soundclip of me doing this later so you wont have to write it down, just post a link.

anyway, this organ may be cheap and old, but it's so much fun. i need to re-record "I Had a Good Shave" with this thing.

• Members

Originally posted by Roy Brooks

You ought to get a copy of the DVD Athens, GA Inside Out. It is a documentary about the early 80s Athens, GA music scene. But there is an old black preacher and his wife playing and singing hymns with an old chord organ.

sounds neat.

i want to start an old organ collection. every one of them will be from a thrift store.

• Members

Originally posted by Roy Brooks

You ought to get a copy of the DVD Athens, GA Inside Out. It is a documentary about the early 80s Athens, GA music scene. But there is an old black preacher and his wife playing and singing hymns with an old chord organ.

I had a friend who worked at the Athens visitor/tourism center for a while. They had that video there and she said she was going to send it to me, but she never did.

• Members

FYI: I've been misreading the title of this thread all afternoon. I thought he was asking if he should buy another cheap crappy $30 chord again.

As in, he bought a crappy one for $30, and it stopped working, now he wants to know if he should get another one.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

FYI: I've been misreading the title of this thread all afternoon. I thought he was asking if he should buy another cheap crappy $30 chord
again

As in, he bought a crappy one for $30, and it stopped working, now he wants to know if he should get another one.

you suck at life.

Archived