Minus The Bear: gig and gear review....

gregovertone

• Members

what a night :D

minus the bear ruled chicago tonight-- small joint 400 capacity.

sorry-- but i didnt have a camera for gear shots....

rigs...

Jake:

*fender 52 ri Tele

tu2

MXR (micro amp, Dist +, or compressor)

line 6 DL4 (x2)

1 for loops/triggers, 1 for delays

Ts9

Dl4

*Fender twin

Dave:

*PRS Cu22

Boss tu2

TS9

CS-3 compressor

Line 6 DL4 (x4)

3 for loops/triggers, 1 for delays

Whammy

Boss RV3

signalflex AC box

* 1/2rack unit (i think enhancer)

Fender Twin

Mesa 2x12

interesting thing--- 2nd song in, daves guitar went out-- and he flew to the floor and ripped is board apart---- just tearing pedals off, and putting them back on-- 30 seconds-- narrowed it down to a dl4 that was acting finicky-- re-patched, and continued the song.

he checked out everything in the rig though, and fast....

he signal'd the gtr tech about the dl4, and suddenly had 2 more on stage in no time-- which he then patched in asap===

never seen so many damned DL4's in all my life.

such a creative band, and i highly recommend checkin them out at a show if you get the chance.

i managed to get right on the stage, and was able to really analyze Dave's playing style....if you guys have questions on how to play any mtb tunes, let me know, i've amassed a collection of random knowledge about their songs, and i may be able to help you out.

• Members

Glad you enjoyed the show. I think I'll check them out, even if it means a big trip to get there and staying the night in Vancouver. So what's the deal with drummer and what not? How much was real drums, and how much was drum machine? I don't know any of that stuff. Hell, could be all drum machine for all I know.

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

i really need a example of a song for listening, full of loops....

well, their looping started with the song "fine +2 pts"

its only one riff that was looped at the bridge, thru the outro.

but their new album 'menos el oso' is composed of looping riffs. it gives a really mechanical delivery. its pretty sweet.

some times dave (lead gtr) will throw the guitar on this back, drop to the floor, and start to trigger with his hands. but most of the time, hes jammin the triggers with his feet, then be rocking some leads/chords at the same time, in a different rhythm.

good triggered tracks..

'the fix'

'fulfill the dream'

'the game needed me'

• Members
Originally posted by varialbender

Glad you enjoyed the show. I think I'll check them out, even if it means a big trip to get there and staying the night in Vancouver. So what's the deal with drummer and what not? How much was real drums, and how much was drum machine? I don't know any of that stuff. Hell, could be all drum machine for all I know.

id say drum machines @ 1%
:)

big live sound

• Members

Originally posted by SASQUATCH

Those Dl-4's are as dependable as a crackhead security guard.

to be fair, he really beats the {censored} out of them....way more than those switches are designed to take....he knows what he's doing, just doesn't seem to care.

i have a student who has one that just plain died.... but i have had 6 so far that worked a-ok.

Archived