Jump to content

So I let my ex get to me tonight


riffdaddy

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Originally posted by mst3k

Something very similar happened to me a long time ago. Well except mine was just really nice and not high-maintenance at all.
:)
Anyways, I was a basket case for quite a while. My suggestion, and you can certainly take it or leave it, is take some time with Riff! Don't jump back into anything right away. I know some people think getting right back on the horse is best. Just be single for a while. Get to know what you really want and need then next time you will, hopefully, hear the warning bells a little better before "little riff" gets the best of you!


Just a thought. Hang in there man.


The only draw back to my suggestion is, now that I have been alone for a long long time, I find myself putting up with women's nonsense even harder to do. That doesn't mean I have written them off. Im just a lot more picky now, which might not, necessarily, be a good thing.
:)



My last interim period was nine months. It was great for about two or three. Then it was miserable. Add to that that my two best friends got engaged to really nice (and hot) girls and one of them got married during that period, and it just made me {censored}ing miserable. My bandmates are all either married or in long-term relationships, so I never actually hang out with single people. I'd forget what they look like if it weren't for that mirror in my bathroom.

I don't let "above average riff" (don't know who this "little riff" guy is--never met him ;) ) command the vessel very often, and I think it might actually be time to turn him loose a little bit. I may need to shore up a couple of wild impulses before I get back into another monogamous situation. Having said that, I've spent quite a bit of time being alone, and I don't really care for it at all. I think the thing that drives me is the need for companionship. I'm just not doing a good job of selecting companions. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by jcn37203



Yeah, I was joking.


;)



I figured you just didn't get it, [kestral] which would be about par for the course with you GAY ignorant rednecks [/kestral]. ;)


Nah, I figured as much. But I didn't really do a good job of clarifying. Hell, I'm surprised I could even spell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff


That's because little riff IS commanding the vessel. That's ok for a few flings but not for long term.

 

 

I'm telling you, that ain't it. I just get lonely. It really isn't about the sex--sex just becomes sort of a fringe benefit of the arrangement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I do hear you about your bandmates all being married, mine are too. Fortuneatly I don't really dig any of their wives. One is particularly "naggy" , but his choice. Like you I never get to hang out with any of my bros anymore either for that exact reason. Their plans rarely, if ever, include me anymore. I want companionship too. Its hard to find someone you really connect with and actually find "interesting" to talk to.

Good luck.

Life, its that stuff that happens while you are trying to decide what to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by mst3k

I do hear you about your bandmates all being married, mine are too. Fortuneatly I don't really dig any of their wives. One is particularly "naggy" , but his choice. Like you I never get to hang out with any of my bros anymore either for that exact reason. Their plans rarely, if ever, include me anymore. I want companionship too. Its hard to find someone you really connect with and actually find "interesting" to talk to.


Good luck.


Life, its that stuff that happens while you are trying to decide what to do.



Actually all of my bandmates are older, so their wives/girlfriends don't hold any interest for me. And their daughters are just a little too young. :D

I'm busy enough to be okay most of the time, but last night was the first time I had a full day off with no school, work, or gig in quite a while. Saturday nights feel awfully lonely when you're sitting home alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy



serious headcase: check

serious issues: check

nice-looking: check

not worth being with: check



I'm very aware she isn't worth the time or trouble, but the logic thing isn't working for me right now. I feel like a girl right now, insofar as I see girls do this {censored} all the time over asshole guys. I always thought the penis somehow made us immune to such logical/emotional fallacies. Guess not.

 

 

it's gonna suck for a while, as im sure you're aware, but i think the best thing you can do is get right back out there. start seeing other people, friends, girls, etc. dont commit to anything for a while, of course, but get back in the game and swing away. if you don't try to get back on your feet you'll never find them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by riffdaddy

I'm telling you, that ain't it. I just get lonely. It really isn't about the sex--sex just becomes sort of a fringe benefit of the arrangement.


I hear ya. Just don't make the mistaking of thinking loneliness is better than being with a high-maint broad. I don't know if you're the religious-type but there's a lot of truth to the proverb that reads:

It is better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a contentious wife in a lovely home. Proverbs 21:9.

You get the idea.
:cool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm really not good at this, but you used to love somebody and now that somebody is gone you feel miserable and have to get that out of your system, that's perfectly normal, shows what a great guy you are, you don't realize what a great person you are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff


I hear ya. Just don't make the mistaking of thinking loneliness is better than being with a high-maint broad. I don't know if you're the religious-type but there's a lot of truth to the proverb that reads:


It is better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a contentious wife in a lovely home. Proverbs 21:9.


You get the idea.

:cool:



I haven't read Proverbs in about six years. I don't remember that one, and I don't have my Bible handy. Is that really in there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by t_e_l_e

i hope you have at least enough to drink
:cool:

tears go by and times are changing, write a song about it or a poem


*thumbsup*



So this ended up being the key advice. After a couple more rough nights, I got out a sort of Stevie Wonder-ish piano ballad (think They Won't Go When I Go) to express how I feel. I'm sure there will be more rough nights, but the writing process turned out to be very cathartic. It's also forced me to work up my very rusty piano chops. I almost sound like I know how to play again :rolleyes: . It'll go as tune number 8 or 9 on my album. :cool:

Thanks to everyone (except the one-man Canadian {censored}tard brigade) for being so supportive. You guys rock, in a nerdy sort of tape-on-the-glasses way. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy

...real bad, too. I don't know why, but we had a stupid little disagreement on the phone, and then this guy from her job that she's been hanging out with started talking {censored} over the phone. I just {censored}ing lost it. Then she came over to pick up the rest of her stuff (at my request), and I lost it again. I've been drinking ever since, which isn't the smartest thing, but I just can't deal right now. I need a friend to lean on, but all of my friends are married and have obligations with their time now. Everybody figured I would be the first to get married. Now I'm the only single guy in the group.


My life just overall sucks right now, and I can't seem to get a break. I know life isn't fair, and there are millions of people who have it worse off than me, blah blah. That {censored}'s supposed to make me feel better, right? I just kind of feel like a whiny asshole. Wait...make that a lonely, whiny asshole.


She told me tonight to hate her, and that she was a self-centered bitch and that I was too good for her. And she {censored}ing meant it. Furthermore, I know she's right on all counts. I'm so critical all the time of girls who get involved with asshole guys and can't break themselves of being with them. Why can't I do the same for myself?


I'm a total {censored}ing tool. And I'm drunk. And still drinking.

 

I was sitting here feeling low after a less than fun 2 days back after vacation.

THIS PUT THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE!

That really sucks, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

It is a cliche BUT only the passage of time will help. Booze wont BUT only Superman could pull that off.

Stay well OR drunk!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by riffdaddy

...real bad, too. I don't know why, but we had a stupid little disagreement on the phone, and then this guy from her job that she's been hanging out with started talking {censored} over the phone. I just {censored}ing lost it. Then she came over to pick up the rest of her stuff (at my request), and I lost it again. I've been drinking ever since, which isn't the smartest thing, but I just can't deal right now. I need a friend to lean on, but all of my friends are married and have obligations with their time now. Everybody figured I would be the first to get married. Now I'm the only single guy in the group.


My life just overall sucks right now, and I can't seem to get a break. I know life isn't fair, and there are millions of people who have it worse off than me, blah blah. That {censored}'s supposed to make me feel better, right? I just kind of feel like a whiny asshole. Wait...make that a lonely, whiny asshole.


She told me tonight to hate her, and that she was a self-centered bitch and that I was too good for her. And she {censored}ing meant it. Furthermore, I know she's right on all counts. I'm so critical all the time of girls who get involved with asshole guys and can't break themselves of being with them. Why can't I do the same for myself?


I'm a total {censored}ing tool. And I'm drunk. And still drinking.




dont feel bad.

the same {censored} has happened to me in a the past couple months.

it just started to fuel the fire to write an album about her and to show her who is boss.

when I have 3 girls licking my johnson shell fell like total {censored}.

www.myspace.com/stevermusic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by TrashFace




dont feel bad.


the same {censored} has happened to me in a the past couple months.


it just started to fuel the fire to write an album about her and to show her who is boss.


when I have 3 girls licking my johnson shell fell like total {censored}.


www.myspace.com/stevermusic



By the same logic, when you have three girls licking your {censored}, she'll feel like total johnson? :confused:











Sorry. BTW, I love your background picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Strange, this seems to be the month or so of breakups and {censored}ty feelings.

I had a similar experience with someone, we broke up just a bit before september and i told her i didn't want to see her ever again and pretend she never existed cause if we were even just friends i would get angry and jealous at her, and her moving on etc. she begged to see me at least on my birthday (this wkend) so i said ok, ever since then i've been half wanting to see her and half feeling like {censored} unsure if i should or not. I'm sort of doin what you're doin, but the more non-lazy way, i'm not drinking or sleeping on the couch, instead I workout till my body literally gives up on my mind, and I sleep as early as humanly possible to pass the time. I'm not that bad compared to my friend who his gf os over 4 yrs just broke up with him for no reason (prolly another guy) and now he's way worse than me, he doesn't move, he drinks, he doesn't shave, he smokes (he quit but got it started again) etc. We both have the same feelings, we know our ex gfs aren't right for us but yet we feel like {censored} when they're not with us, sometimes i feel like calling her up, but i promised myself to be strong and not to give in. I hope my friend and YOU are doing the same.

Hang in there man it really DOES only get better from where you are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...