So I let my ex get to me tonight

riffdaddy

• Members

...real bad, too. I don't know why, but we had a stupid little disagreement on the phone, and then this guy from her job that she's been hanging out with started talking {censored} over the phone. I just {censored}ing lost it. Then she came over to pick up the rest of her stuff (at my request), and I lost it again. I've been drinking ever since, which isn't the smartest thing, but I just can't deal right now. I need a friend to lean on, but all of my friends are married and have obligations with their time now. Everybody figured I would be the first to get married. Now I'm the only single guy in the group.

My life just overall sucks right now, and I can't seem to get a break. I know life isn't fair, and there are millions of people who have it worse off than me, blah blah. That {censored}'s supposed to make me feel better, right? I just kind of feel like a whiny asshole. Wait...make that a lonely, whiny asshole.

She told me tonight to hate her, and that she was a self-centered bitch and that I was too good for her. And she {censored}ing meant it. Furthermore, I know she's right on all counts. I'm so critical all the time of girls who get involved with asshole guys and can't break themselves of being with them. Why can't I do the same for myself?

I'm a total {censored}ing tool. And I'm drunk. And still drinking.

• Members

Okay, I'm gonna try to go to bed and sleep this off. Only I haven't been able to really sleep in my own {censored}ing bed since she left, so I'll be sleeping on the shorter couch for the third night in a row (I switched from the longer couch because the padding is thicker and I can lay flat and still see the TV...this is what I've {censored}ing allowed myself to be reduced to--I can see it, but I can't seem to {censored}ing change it).

I've got substantial amounts of Brennan's Irish Whiskey, Beefeater, and Gentleman Jack in my system.

• Members

You know that it's never cool to have some useless ex get to you. I hope that in a few days or weeks, you'll laugh at the whole thing and tell yourself "how could I have spent so much time with a woman like that?".

That, or just burn something. Always helps m/:mad:m/

• Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy

Okay, I'm gonna try to go to bed and sleep this off. Only I haven't been able to really sleep in my own {censored}ing bed since she left, so I'll be sleeping on the shorter couch for the third night in a row (I switched from the longer couch because the padding is thicker and I can lay flat and still see the TV...this is what I've {censored}ing allowed myself to be reduced to--I can see it, but I can't seem to {censored}ing change it).

I've got substantial amounts of Brennan's Irish Whiskey, Beefeater, and Gentleman Jack in my system.

you're not alone.

i had to to do the couch thing as well for a long time.

A bottle of wine, a pack of smokes, the couch, numbed myself to sleep night after night. They say it gets better. You've heard it before ; allow yourself time to heal.

• Members

[bShe told me tonight to hate her, and that she was a self-centered bitch and that I was too good for her. And she {censored}ing meant it.

Any girl that would say that kind of thing is a serious headcase with serious issues. No matter how nice-looking she might be, etc., she's definitely not worth being with. I know the heartbreak might still be with you and I'm not dismissing your feelings, but believe me - this broad ain't worth it based on what she said. Cut off all ties and distance yourself from her, no matter what.

• Members

I appreciate it, man. But I need somebody here. I'll go see my Grandma tomorrow. She'll put me back into perspective.

Yup....nothing like it...

(I guess you have to be with this feeling for some time, but you'll soon realize that it was a waster of energy...focus on yourself, be good to you, get on your reduction plan, pretty soon you won't remember what all the fuss was about...besides I think she did you a favor...just be glad you didn't share communal property and kids...)

Stay on the positive side...life's too short and there are many fishies in the sea...

;)

• Members

pain + time = humor

The pain you feel now will subside over time. Then you'll wake up one day and laugh about how stupid you were to let some girl get to you. We've all been there before. Just try and stay afloat for awhile.

• Members

Originally posted by GPD

pain + time = humor

The pain you feel now will subside over time. Then you'll wake up one day and laugh about how stupid you were to let some girl get to you. We've all been there before. Just try and stay afloat for awhile.

+1! Lots more fish in the ocean.

• Members

(I switched from the longer couch because the padding is thicker and I can lay flat and still see the TV...this is what I've {censored}ing allowed myself to be reduced to--I can see it, but I can't seem to {censored}ing change it).

You don't have a remote control?

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Any girl that would say that kind of thing is a serious headcase with serious issues. No matter how nice-looking she might be, etc., she's definitely not worth being with. I know the heartbreak might still be with you and I'm not dismissing your feelings, but believe me - this broad ain't worth it based on what she said. Cut off all ties and distance yourself from her, no matter what.

serious headcase: check

serious issues: check

nice-looking: check

not worth being with: check

I'm very aware she isn't worth the time or trouble, but the logic thing isn't working for me right now. I feel like a girl right now, insofar as I see girls do this {censored} all the time over asshole guys. I always thought the penis somehow made us immune to such logical/emotional fallacies. Guess not.

• Members

serious headcase: check

serious issues: check

nice-looking: check

not worth being with: check

I'm very aware she isn't worth the time or trouble, but the logic thing isn't working for me right now. I feel like a girl right now, insofar as I see girls do this {censored} all the time over asshole guys. I always thought the penis somehow made us immune to such logical/emotional fallacies. Guess not.

Better off in every way in the long run: check

Riff, I know logic may not work for you right now. Just take comfort in knowing all of the time, headaches and MONEY you'll save by not being with this high-maintenance girl. Trust me, this broad did you a huge favor.

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Better off in every way in the long run: check

Riff, I know logic may not work for you right now. Just take comfort in knowing all of the time, headaches and MONEY you'll save by not being with this high-maintenance girl. Trust me, this broad did you a huge favor.

Time and headaches, yes. Money, no. This apartment is too expensive for me by myself, and I don't have the means (or time) to move right now. Instead, I'm sinking pretty much every spare dollar I have into utilities, groceries, etc.

I suppose money isn't all that important, but it sure as hell feels important.

• Members

Something very similar happened to me a long time ago. Well except mine was just really nice and not high-maintenance at all. :) Anyways, I was a basket case for quite a while. My suggestion, and you can certainly take it or leave it, is take some time with Riff! Don't jump back into anything right away. I know some people think getting right back on the horse is best. Just be single for a while. Get to know what you really want and need then next time you will, hopefully, hear the warning bells a little better before "little riff" gets the best of you!

Just a thought. Hang in there man.

The only draw back to my suggestion is, now that I have been alone for a long long time, I find myself putting up with women's nonsense even harder to do. That doesn't mean I have written them off. Im just a lot more picky now, which might not, necessarily, be a good thing. :)

• Members

Time and headaches, yes. Money, no. This apartment is too expensive for me by myself, and I don't have the means (or time) to move right now. Instead, I'm sinking pretty much every spare dollar I have into utilities, groceries, etc.

I suppose money isn't all that important, but it sure as hell feels important.

My key phrase was "in the long run". How long is your lease? When it's up, you'll move out. I know it sucks now but now you know what she is. Want some advice? Lay off the drinking for awhile. It only prolongs the grief because everytime you think of her, you'll relieve the pain by getting drunk. Everytime you get drunk, you'll think of her. Its a never-ending cycle. Either hang out here and post or get out of the house, go to Barnes and Nobles and do some free reading.

Archived