Saw "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" last night

lowroadrevival

• Members

...and as I expected, and even warned my girlfriend about, it was much more courtroom drama than an exorcism movie. Pretty much all the creepy parts are shown during the previews. Somehow I knew this was going to be the case, and it was. It is surely no "The Exorcist". I don't think it was meant to be , and that's fine, but it seems as though they more or less are trying to trick people into going by the previews. It is no where near as shocking or scary in the least as the trailers would have you believe.

If you like courtroom dramas, go see it. If you're looking for a horror movie, don't. I never saw a movie end and heard less commentary than I did last night. People where just like silently saying "what the {censored} was that I wanted GORE??!!?"

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

The things that they show in the preview really seem consistant with this Emily Rose person having a psychotic episode rather than demonic possession [which I would guess would be what actually is happening in most reported "demonic possessions"]

True.

In fact, I don't know if you have seen it or not, but that is the prosecution's stance...that she had a rare case of epilepsy combined with psychosis.

• Members

that movie was very slow.

i have a legendary fear of the movie the exorcist. i refused to see emily rose and had to be ridiculed by my g/f and her brother to go see it.

so i expected to be terrified in a similar fashion as the exorcist. just looking at that possessed chick is enough to send me running. but emily rose was like an episode of Law and Order.

Archived