Alcohol is Gay

Kestral

• Members

Kestral, you read my mind. You have stated what a lot of people think but are afraid to say; It's just not 'cool' to criticise drinking.

I could never understand why anybody binge drinks. I like a glass of wine now and again, but I rarely drink beer anymore because I immediately want to go to sleep. And then I feel like crap when I wake up.

Now give me my caffeeeeiiine! :thu:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Alcohol exposes what a person hides about themselves. Angry people become angrier. Repressed people become more outgoing. Happy people become happier. Down people become more down.

I agree that you should probably lay off the sauce.

Though, for the record, nothing is gayer than sipping coffee at parties.

Thanks.

I don't think those generalizations are really truth but it doesn't matter. I doubt this thread was worth reading past this....

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

New pedals from Pedalworx, Ampeg and Behringer. And this thread hits six pages.

Let's see... racism? check. homophobia? check. blind rage? double check.

any personal attacks that could get someone sued?

Yeah, I think so.

We got it all. Welcome, fellow forumites, to the very bottom of the barrell.

Ditto.

People tell me lighten-up when I get pissed off about people using the the word "gay" for anything that's bad. Well I'm not going to lighen up. I have a lot of gay friends and I see the misery this kind of bigotry causes.

I'll stop complaining about this stuff when people on these forums stop using my friends a figurative (and sometimes literal punching-bags).

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Ditto.

People tell me lighten-up when I get pissed off about people using the the word "gay" for anything that's bad. Well I'm not going to lighen up. I have a lot of gay friends and I see the misery this kind of bigotry causes.

I'll stop complaining about this stuff when people on these forums stop using my friends a figurative (and sometimes literal punching-bags).

If male dominant guitar rock can't be homopobic and mysoginistic, what do we have? In most circles where it runs rampant they'd be in deep {censored} if they had to rely on the songs to get them through.

• Members
I don't care what anyone says, alcohol is {censored}ing gay.

Went to an organic food festival there and half the vendors there were organic beer/wine. So I figure what the hey, let's give everything a try.

Long story short: I got completely and utterly bombed. Not bombed enough to be puking or passing out in the marshes, but enough that I feel like total crap. So much for "organic beer doesn't count".

But yeah, I don't drink much anymore because quite frankly, I hate the way I feel even after one drink. I just don't like the feeling. Alcohol is a downer and it definitely brings me there. At first it's all wavy gravy but it always ends up creating a down mood. Coffee is way better, at least with caffiene when you crash you just go to sleep and the next morning it's all good.

Gone are the times where Kestral goes into a bar, drinks 6 Guinesses with the buds and has three shots with the ladies. Always felt like crap afterwards but these days, I have a very low tolerance for feeling like crap. Why feel like crap when one can feel good?

In any case, I don't care what stupid people say when they cheer for beer, {censored} them. Alcohol is gay.

oh god help us all! Kestral is back!!:(

• Members

Last weekend I got super drunk walked home, fell smacked my head on concrete(it was icy), probably concussed and it took me 2+ hours to get home when it should have taken about 20 minutes. I think I got confused (concussion, maybe just drunk) cause I said I was running home and I ended up lost. I didn't even remember hitting my head until some of my friends told me. But I can't say "Alcohol is gay" people like that just either can't control themselves or have addictive personalities and it's probably good they've stopped drinking.

Archived