is there a reason not to bid on a guitar center ebay auction?

best.album.ever

• Members
Originally posted by best.album.ever

someone dissuade me

Feel free to do a search on "instrument exchange" and "guitar center" in the amp and some other forums and read the horror stories of these auctions and the shady practices that accompany them.....If thats not enough to dissuade you - then you prolly shouldnt have posted something asking you to be disuaded... :eek:

I have my own story, but its pretty marginal in comparison to others...But be rest assured, when I see its an instrument exhange/gc auction - I run away quickly.....

• Members

Here is a good example. I saw a Rocktron Intellifex for a decent price on ebay from a GC auction. The picture in the ad looked like it was in really good condition and all original. Well it turns out that the GC rep was from the Cleveland GC, which is an hour from my house. So I drove up there. I saw the Intellifex and it had missing knobs that were replaced and one of the knobs had a huge gash in it(it didn't look like the picture on ebay). I tried out the unit and it did work so I haggled the price down and took it home. I would be leary of the auction, if I would have gotten it off ebay instead of the store I may have been a bit dissapointed. But since i got to try it out , lower the price and not pay for shipping then I got a good deal.

Archived