Left the band, so what's next?

sdre

• Members

Hey all. I'm considering selling everything i've got in my rig. Aside from my acoustic, i've got my telecaster, dl-4, rv-3, fd-2, tr-2, dan echo, small stone phaser.

will i regret it? i wanna move on in life, and its a mutual parting music wise...

will i regret it?

appreciate your thoughts/replies.

• Members

hey

monkey / zin: i doubt i'll play in a local band again, the scene's pretty heavy for me... i don't really like it much, and i doubt i want to go through a band again, starting all over... maybe its just me growing old. i've done alot with my rv-3, dl-4 and dan echo. they are my "sound" i would say. i might play in church still.

Thelonius: why i love you thats why you're in my sig.

echo: why? i've kinda done what i wanna do with the band, i.e gigs, selling cds, getting to know babes... haha... and i think its time to move on... though i have like 2-3 songs for the band right now... i guess its just moving on, like spending time doing gym, or running, or church, friends... stuff that matters in the long run? (sorry if i make music sound like its temporal?)

piut: no worries bro, documentary in amber will still be around. they are looking for a new guitarist... haha sure thing man, about the fd-2 and dl-4. {censored} man u should get the rv-3 as well.

p.s to be honest, i've feelings attached to the band... and when i see my gear on the floor, it reminds me of the good times bad times and everything that made us human. i know i sound {censored}tingly emo on this, but i guess i can't help it. unless i keep my gear and store it aside.

it would be nice to see at least 1k in my bank account for now though. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by sdre

piut: no worries bro, documentary in amber will still be around. they are looking for a new guitarist... haha sure thing man, about the fd-2 and dl-4. {censored} man u should get the rv-3 as well.

:) :) :)

i'm happy with just one rv-3. im gassing for a verbzilla though :o

• Members

sounds like as good of a reason to quit as any... you might regret it but you could always start over again if so. i'd personally keep most of the gear unless you just don't enjoy playing anymore... at least keep it a while just in case you have a change of heart, sucks to have to re-buy everything... trust me

good luck :)

• Members
Originally posted by sdre

haven't heard of the verbzilla. better than the holy grail?

i think the holy grail has a nice spring reverb.

yah. i was about to get a holy grail from edwin, but guess i should wait for the verbzilla. the clips sound great. :)

you sure about selling all you stuff? leaving the band is another thing, but..

• Members
Originally posted by piut

yah. i was about to get a holy grail from edwin, but guess i should wait for the verbzilla. the clips sound great.
:)

you sure about selling all you stuff? leaving the band is another thing, but..

the tr-2's for sure.

but not sure abt the rest. i'll pm you if anything else?

• Members

well, ok, then it sounds like if you ever going to play in a band again, it should be a different style with different sounds. that's what is needed to give you new motivation.
but i wouldn't sell all my stuff. just get yourself a rest. don't play guitar for a few months if you want. if music, and playing guitar is really your addiction, you will be forced by yourself to start again. and then i would suggest go out and check out new gear, new pedals, new amps and it should restart your fire.
if this doesn't happen, well then move on with your life and find your sweet spot.

• Members
Originally posted by zinzin

well, ok, then it sounds like if you ever going to play in a band again, it should be a different style with different sounds. that's what is needed to give you new motivation.

but i wouldn't sell all my stuff. just get yourself a rest. don't play guitar for a few months if you want. if music, and playing guitar is really your addiction, you will be forced by yourself to start again. and then i would suggest go out and check out new gear, new pedals, new amps and it should restart your fire.

if this doesn't happen, well then move on with your life and find your sweet spot.

very sound advice. appreciate it bro. ;)

Archived