Fishy Machine...

Teahead

• Members

Seller's without digital cameras use other sellers pictures to sell their Item. It's against Ebay rules

but it's done anyway.

Your pedal may have been resold to this seller.

The seller take other forms of payment besides Bank Transfers.

ZVEX uses a more durable paint and has for some time.

• Members

Originally posted by StompboxMan

I wrote the Seller. This is his reply.

Hello,

Number on box: SER. 25 and 6/18

Pedal bottom: Series 25, 6 of 18, Zachary Vex signature and 4.14.05

Pedal side:Zachary Vex signature, 04.05 and Myrold siganature (Jason Myrold does the paintjob for Z. Vex)

Bye,

Adam

He didn't say if he'd copied the picture from elsewhere?

I'm certain the picture is the one from my auction. I'm also certain he's blurred the serial number on the box, probably because it's contrary to the serial number he's quoting...

I wouldn't have a problem if he mentioned it wasn't the pedal pictured, but it still does seem a little misleading and still fishy to me.

• Members

Originally posted by Teahead

He didn't say if he'd copied the picture from elsewhere?

I'm certain the picture is the one from my auction. I'm also certain he's blurred the serial number on the box, probably because it's contrary to the serial number he's quoting...

I wouldn't have a problem if he mentioned it wasn't the pedal pictured, but it still does seem a little misleading and still fishy to me.

It's the Machine picture from your Auction. Like I said Sellers use other peoples pictures to sell their Items.

• Members

Originally posted by StompboxMan

Like I said Sellers use other peoples pictures to sell their Items.

I have no problem with using someone else's picture, as long as you DISCLOSE it in the description. Actually I prefer a verbal description anyway. Forces them to declare condition, whereas a blurry photo, taken from across the street, with no description you are left to decide if there are any flaws in the picture and the seller can always just claim I posted a photo; and if you had NASA analyze it tou would have seen the crazy glue holding the case together.

• Members

Originally posted by Teahead

It just stinks so bad. How do I ensure he's not ripping someone off?

I was in such a situation once. The ebay old-timers say it's not cool to try to screw with somebody else's auction. Just because you have good reason to think the seller MAY VERY WELL BE doing something wrong you don't really KNOW FOR SURE. That's one of the problems with ebay.

Competing sellers could start sending messages to each other's buyers badmouthing each other. So they just say you're not supposed to do anything unless you know enough to call a prosecutor about it.

Archived