Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ginnboonmiller

Tuba porn.

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by bieke

big_tuba.jpg



Believe it or not, last I heard the really huge one (another sub-contra, in EEE-flat), is still missing! The widow of the original owner has been looking for it for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ginnboonmiller



Believe it or not, last I heard the really huge one (another sub-contra, in EEE-flat), is still missing! The widow of the original owner has been looking for it for years.



hmmm, she probably misplaced it somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bieke

lrgq1.jpg



I'm pretty sure I met them at the International Tuba/Euphonium Conference in Greensboro, NC in 2002. I wish I were joking.

We were all sweating the rep from Boosey & Hawkes that week, though. But she ended up hooking up with the guy from Finland that played with Chick Corea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicRoomFluba.jpg

Robb Stewart designed it and made it from parts. The valve section and "guts" are from a Yamaha Eb "compensating" tuba. Robb cut the slides for an F instrument. He used a small F tuba bell about the size of a Yamaha 621 and made the other branches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is such a cool thread...I went through school playing tuba, own an early '60s Miraphone 184 CC (that currently has a few issues), & studied with Demondrae Thurman and Richard Perry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by LWatford-2

This is such a cool thread...I went through school playing tuba, own an early '60s Miraphone 184 CC (that currently has a few issues), & studied with Demondrae Thurman and Richard Perry.



Wow... Those early Miraphones are really nice little tubas. And I've heard nothing but praise to the high heavens about Demondrae -- didn't he just land a sweet orchestra gig?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

We were all sweating the rep from Boosey & Hawkes that week, though. But she ended up hooking up with the guy from Finland that played with Chick Corea.


Why is it that the hot chicks always end up hooking up with Finnish tubists that play with Scientologists?

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ginnboonmiller



Wow... Those early Miraphones are really nice little tubas. And I've heard nothing but praise to the high heavens about Demondrae -- didn't he just land a sweet orchestra gig?



I havn't spoken with him for a while, the last time I heard from him was through a friend shortly after I got engaged...he's a really great teacher, can't tell you how much I learned from him (and not just music and playing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice pics bieke!! I likes the grrrls. :cool:


I'm not real pleased with all of the french horn slamming that goes on in these horn threads.

Where would Tommy be without the French Horn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ginnboonmiller



Dude, I'm posting pictures of tubas on an internet forum. What the hell are you thinking?


:)



5 pages in less than 12 hours on tubas?

That's pimp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...