Anyone interested in an EMB Audio rackwah clone?

4nkam

• Members

Originally posted by DeadNight Warrior

What kind of features does this rack wah have? Is it pretty much just a std. wah housed in a rack, controlled from the floor, or does it have some adjustability, MIDI control, etc. etc.?

Cheaper than the Dunlop rack wah isn't saying much
:o
, but it's a promising start.
:)

Feature-wise, it doesn't have much: LOW, High, and Depth controls. It's controlled via a volume pedal (ernie ball or boss) and connects with an XLR cable. You can run multiple controllers to the rack unit though.

But it sounds NOTHING like the Dunlop rack wah or "normal" wahs. The tone is MUCH thicker and the entire sweep range is totally usable. When I switch to my "normal" wahs, they feel like the sweep is waaaay too short and has a very thin tone.

MJ

• Members

Originally posted by 4nkam

Feature-wise, it doesn't have much: LOW, High, and Depth controls. It's controlled via a volume pedal (ernie ball or boss) and connects with an XLR cable. You can run multiple controllers to the rack unit though.

But it sounds NOTHING like the Dunlop rack wah or "normal" wahs. The tone is MUCH thicker and the entire sweep range is totally usable. When I switch to my "normal" wahs, they feel like the sweep is waaaay too short and has a very thin tone.

MJ

Sounds cool indeed. I'd definitely be into that, especially the rack unit. Standalone wahs are everywhere, we need more rack units! :(

Archived