Any Effects in Under the bridge(RHCP)?

Curren

• Members

I can't say which compressor is used on the guitar, but in my opinion it is too squashed. Some people like that sound, but I don't because it's so compressed you can hear thumping when he hits the strings.

Whether the musicians did it or the producer did it is also unknown.

If you want to make it sound like that, just get a decent compressor, and then set the threshold way below the signal level, and set the compression amount to a very high ratio. I'd guess at least 10:1, and probably even higher. You'll have to play around with the attack time (assuming your compressor has one), but I'd venture to say the attack is pretty small. The release time is on the larger side too; I never hear the compressor turning off.

• Members

Thanks to you all , I'd never guess there was something like that there! I like the sound he makes when he hits the strings! I have compressor with all that details , I'll try it out with those parameters!And that's the only effect there is right?

• Members

I remember around that time he was only using 2 marshall amps mostly in unison(1 set for highs and a superbass for lows). He also had a fender hot practice amp he used on that recording as well(must've like the simplicity).

I agree its very squashed but he never mentioned anything bout using compressors.. he was very much against using modern equipment at that time.. save for a DOD chorus pedal which you can definitely notice at the end(he mentioned in interviews).

So could've been any number of the above things??? :confused:

Archived