Any users of the Ayan S&S in here ?

Godin73

• Members

The Ayan S&S is very, very cool. You have to keep in mind that it was designed to be used specifically with blackface fenders and amps that closely resemble blackface preamp circuits. I have a 65 bandmaster and a 1970 Bassman and use the S&S with both of them. It is true that it cuts the bass and volume a bit, but it "cleans up" the low end tremendously on these amps and I make up for it by turning up the bass and volume on the amp. The result though is a very round and defined low end. The before and after really blew me away. It is very important that it is placed right before the amp. Hope this helps.

Keith

• Members

Thanks.
I've read the specific purpose, but have read some positive reviews from people using different amps.
Personally, I have a totally different amp (Rivera Clubster 45, with a baxandall tone circuit on clean an the usual treb/mid/bass on drive) and sometimes have the boomy low end on clean (P90, neck position), which sounds OK on itself, but lacks definition in a band situation.
And I must say, using a 'filter' like a wah does cut through and sounds great, so that's why I'm considering the S&S.

Archived