Help!! my volume pedal crapped out!!

krazeexharhar

• Members

My ernie ball volume pedal junior crapped out during a gig!!! It's the passive one that I put in front of my amp to mainly do volume swells and stuff. It killed my tone and i thot it was my amp or something but then it turned out to be that.

Signal no longer goes through it or something, or a very very faint signal. I don't know what's wrong with it. It's not the jacks I think...and the wiring inside looks okay...any suggestions? I can't get warranty service since I bought this secondhand. This was a damn 50 bucks gone to waste.

• Members

Pot=potentiometer. Its the metal round thing that the foot rocker on the pedal turns when you move it back and forth. Its a variable resistor. It turns the volume up and down. It is the same thing as the volume knob on your amp except this one has a gear on its shaft instead of a knob. When you move the foot rocker up and down it turns this gear. Or it might not be, which is more than likely why you would need to tighten this allen screw.

Hmmm on second thought it might not be a gear, but a little string that goes from the front to the back of the pedal that turns this pot. Mechanically its pretty simple. You should be able to determine if moving the pedal indeed turns the shaft on the pot or not. And if it is a string thingie that makes this pots spin, make sure the string is in fact working and not broken.

• Members

It looks like the string thing is working, but it's still not doing anything. I don't have an allen wrench to fit the hole...is there anything else there might be?

Also..is there a way to open up the pedal without breaking anything? I can't get to that little whole without some major effort.

• Members

Cool, Ive never opened one of those pedals, but its probably that the little pulley that is attached to the shaft of the pot is turning but the little set screw that the allen wrench would turn is loose and simply not turning the shaft of the pot. Ernie ball's site should have some info on that, I would hope.

Good luck.

Archived