Electric Prunes!!

GuyaGuy

• Members

Originally posted by pinkjimiphoton

this is a cover my old band did of too much too dream about 15 years ago....back in the day when i still had all my old analog stuff..

i LOVE the prunes...i agree, one of the best of all time.

wow! what a great cover! what a great wah-wah-work! i dig the singing as well! what other effects did you use?

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

:eek:

listened to em again last nite for the 1st time in--well--must be near on a year now.

anyhow they have my vote for best use of fx by an american psych/garage band of the late 60s.

SUPERB MUSIC!

• Members

Originally posted by zinzin

wow! what a great cover! what a great wah-wah-work! i dig the singing as well! what other effects did you use?

the rythm guitar and singing on that one were me bro...long time ago!!

i was playing thru a BMP,ross flanger, ross phaser, clone theory ,mxr stereo chorus and a mutron bi phaser and an echoplex if memory serves, thru a marshall 2x12 (little hybrid head, 3203???had a tube power amp and solid state preamp) and a little fender combo...

Mike Bloomer (tubeguru) was playing thru a crybaby, fuzz face and a yamaha rexx something or other...

he got that sound by overloading the noise gate, so that his attack swelled in sounding backwards.

when i got the clocks right on the effects, it's harmonics actually played this weird ascending melody....that was one of our signatures back then...if i can find the studio version, i'll post it....the tag on it became known as "bat child found in cave" and was a severely sick and over the top guitar fx trip...

glad you liked it.

IMHO, it barely shines the shoes of the original, tho.

peace

Archived