I'm gonna get a Blackstar - what OD to go with it?

arexjay

• Members

So I'm getting Brian's Blackstar. PRetty stoked, but not sure what OD to grab to go with it. So far, here's my list:

Which one would work the best? I play a warmoth strat (alder body - JB bridge, '59 neck) into a Fender Blues Deluxe. What say you?

• Members

hey, thought id show you this... there will be more clips up this week too.

I still need to add some parts on the board for non effect related stuff. I'm going to order the circuit boards this week probably.

Im sending this one off to lou weed to join the tourbox.
bsfront.jpg
bsback.jpg

Anyways, the SCOD and mosferatu are both pretty high gain. The hellbaby is supposed to be a dirty boost (i think) I havent tried the other two.

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Marshall

I still need to add some parts on the board for non effect related stuff. I'm going to order the circuit boards this week probably.

bsfront.jpg
bsback.jpg

Anyways, the SCOD and mosferatu are both pretty high gain. The hellbaby is supposed to be a dirty boost (i think) I havent tried the other two.

sexy. good work Brian!

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Marshall

bsfront.jpg
bsback.jpg

:D

I figure I'd use those higher gain boxes set low or something. But yeah so far the Zendrive, Liquid Sunshine, and Hellbaby look best ...maybe the Tube Zone. Any other suggestions?

• Members

I've been gassing for a ZIM, but don't think it would really fit the bill with the rest of the dirt - soon to be: Blackstar, Bad Monkey, Keeley RAT set at low gain, and another mid-crunch pedal which I'm currently trying to decide on). I love me some dirt!

Ideally, I'd like to have my pedalboard similar to FLYING V 83's in the context that there are a lot of dirt pedals and a few other essiential non-dirt pedals, except I want my board to have different pedals than his. Basically, same KIND of pedals, but different ACTUAL pedals.

Archived