Hot Wire Audio Clean Sanchez is alive!

Speeddemon

• Members

Originally posted by bieke

I want one, but only if it has the old MyClone looks

does it come with a free t-shirt ?

I wouldn't be surprised if the original Myclones are on the list of most country's Customs "Forbidden to Import" lists, next to guns, human parts, endangered animals and such.

It comes with a free shirt, but then the price is

• Members

this is what I want, mucho cool

mycloneamp5a.jpg

That was the first one, and it was sold to a guy in Belgium.

You may notice the font was still a bit too big, and the LED and holder ofcourse weren'r MXR-correct.

@Bieke, it was "Jasmin", not Janice. ;) "OOOH MY GOOOD!, GNHEHEHEHHEHEH" (little 'Friends' joke).

I had a couple of requests for the original Myclone look since the Cease and Desist thing, and I wouldn't be surprised some of them were plants. Because when I told those guys I can't make 'em like that anymore, they lost all interest.

There's also 1 thing in which the Micro Amp can't be 100% cloned; the use of a 50pF capacitor. That value is extinct now. I had to use 47pF. But the person that says he/she can actually tell a difference between those 2, is SO full of {censored}, it would make prez. Bush jr. look like Mother Theresa. :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

There's also 1 thing in which the Micro Amp can't be 100% cloned; the use of a 50pF capacitor. That value is extinct now. I had to use 47pF. But the person that says he/she can actually tell a difference between those 2, is SO full of {censored}, it would make prez. Bush jr. look like Mother Theresa.
:rolleyes:

Hi. I'm Eric Johnson.

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

Hi. I'm Eric Johnson.

:D Indeed. Just for his BS tone-snobbism I can't stand the guy to begin with. I mean, he claims that the material of his pedalboards (big ugly plywood squares) even influences his tone. WTF is up with that crap?!

Oh, and the fool plays with a Crybaby. Sure he knows 'tone'... :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Merkin

Then they aren't any good
:D

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13368398#post13367010

:eek:

I use similar caps in my MiG*Boosts, and 2 persons who bought them, actually sold their (by Kestral so heralded) greybox DOD 250's, because of that.

If he's talking about capacitance size, well, it depends. Sometimes you'll need bigger caps, for instance in the input stage a bigger cap usually means more low-end. But, when trying to mellow out a clipping stage, 0,0047uF is the biggest I'd use. Usually just 0,001uF.

• Members

That was the first one, and it was sold to a guy in Belgium.

You may notice the font was still a bit too big, and the LED and holder ofcourse weren'r MXR-correct.

@Bieke, it was "Jasmin", not Janice.
;)
"OOOH MY GOOOD!, GNHEHEHEHHEHEH" (little 'Friends' joke).

I had a couple of requests for the original Myclone look since the Cease and Desist thing, and I wouldn't be surprised some of them were plants. Because when I told those guys I can't make 'em like that anymore, they lost all interest.

ahh yes, LordRiffenstein has the first one then methinks
but wait, did you sign a "cease and desist" declaration ? what did it say ? Did it mention any international proprietary rights (trademarks, designs) ? Because I still think Dunlop didn't have anything to go on legally, they have a US trademark, so they could keep the Myclone out of the US (and you sold one to a US forumite), but they couldn't stop you from making and selling these in Europe, unless of course you willingly sign a "cease and desist" declaration...
at least you got a couple of t-shirts out of it
;)

• Members

ahh yes, LordRiffenstein has the first one then methinks

but wait, did you sign a "cease and desist" declaration ? what did it say ? Did it mention any international proprietary rights (trademarks, designs) ? Because I still think Dunlop didn't have anything to go on legally, they have a US trademark, so they could keep the Myclone out of the US (and you sold one to a US forumite), but they couldn't stop you from making and selling these in Europe, unless of course you willingly sign a "cease and desist" declaration...

at least you got a couple of t-shirts out of it

;)

Bieke, I didn't sign anything.
But I believe the issue wasn't trademark, but trade dress. I don't know the exact legal stuff about it, but it had to do with making the HWA logo look like the MXR logo, using the same fonts and overall giving the pedal the same appearance.

And LordRiff doesn't have the 1st one by the way. It belongs to a guy named Jelle Vermaelen. That one is #000, Lord Riff has #001.
#000 is also the only one with a green LED and high LED holder.

• Members

Sometimes you'll need bigger caps, for instance in the input stage a bigger cap usually means more low-end. But, when trying to mellow out a clipping stage, 0,0047uF is the biggest I'd use. Usually just 0,001uF.

no no no no, you gots it all wrong, kestral is convinced the physical size of the cap is what is important, not the value.

Archived