Problem with a trade. Opinions wanted.

ThisBrian

• Members

I traded a DMM for a Vexter Fuzz Factory about a month ago. I used the Vexter for a week or two then sold it on eBay as it didn't fit my sound... The DMM was one with the big power cord, but new enough that it was true bypass. I had modified it by replacing the input IC with a higher quality one, which made it sound much better

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

You have no idea if he abused the pedal, hooked up the wrong adapter to it, loaned it to a friend, dropped it off a bridge, etc. You get my drift. It's his now.

Or maybe he's got flourescent lights or something.

Is someone running the vacuum or microwave every time it starts humming?

You'll never know for sure.

• Members
Originally posted by ThisBrian

Thanks fellas. Pretty much what I, and everyone I asked, was thinking...

If he doesn't like the DMM anymore, tell him to send it to me...I'll trade him him for one that won't start humming for at least two weeks.;)

j/k I only deal in top shelf merchandise...unlike some others on the forum:D

• Members

he recieved it and was perfectly happy, and it was in a perfect working condition when he got it, so you fufilled your part of the agreement

you cannot tell how he treats the pedal or the conditions he uses it in, the fact that he said it was perfect and has only afterwards picked up problems says he may not have treated it the best, but there is no way to tell if it is bad luck or him

the fact that you have sold on the pedal and dont have the cash kinda rules out trading back

David

Archived