getting rid of Kazza

Vince

• Members

OK, so I installed Kaza last night on my computer, and I'm already fed up with all the additional {censored} it's put all over my computer. How can I get rid of it all?

Also, what is the name of the program that hunts out trojan horses and other bad files on your computer cos I used to have it, don't anymore and want it!!!

Cheers

• Members

You could always go to My Computer/Program Files/Kazaa and just right click/delete the whole Kazaa folder. This will take everything that is Kazaa but the registry key out. Be sure to empty your trash immediately, too. To get it out of your registry, you'll either need to do a registry cleanup (or have someone do it for you) or else reformat.

After this, click start/search and search your computer for the word "Kazaa" just in case you missed something. Anything that comes up you will need to right click/delete.

After you do this, then you'll need to run something like Spybot or AdAware or Hijack This! or better yet run all three just to make sure your comp. is clean. Good luck.

Kazaa is a nasty program, one of the worst spyware offenders out there? Did you read the user agreement when you installed it? Are you aware that part of the user agreement obligates you to keep your computer connected to the internet at all times so that Kazaa can use your comp. for temporary storage of stuff? Kazaa is just evil.

• Members

Format, reinstall Windows. I'm not sure why so many people hate doing that, it only takes a couple of hours - most of which unattended - and it's a great opportunity to have a defragmented disk and install all the latest drivers for your hardware.

You shouldn't be storing anything you care about on local disk anyway, unless it's RAIDed.

• Members

Hey MP3 pirates,

I downloaded Kazaa MP3 search engine and all it did was mess up my entire computer. It's a malicious program full of spyware. When you delete the spyware, it attaches itself to important programs on your computer. You end up having to reformat your computer. Total pain in the ass to deal with. I use Bearshare now and don't have to deal with that headache.

Guitar George

Archived