Does anyone downsize their rig and keep it that way?

• Members

My rig is about as small as it gets for me right now. Wah - fuzz - compressor - phaser - delay - tuner. It's been this size for awhile. This is lean compared to the days when I had thirteen pedals on my board.

• Members

by "rig" I assume you mean pedalboard. I had this insane double tiered thing that i built and I put nearly every pedal i owned on it. I'd be lugging it to rehearsals. I think i was showing off. I realized i never touched most of them. Now I have 18" X 11" board and can fit 4 pedals max., so i pick & choose carefully. I never need more than 4 anyway. I think I have it down to 3 now.

• Members

I built my own two tiered board afew months ago and while the look of awe from other musicians and the ability to get all my pedals to a show is nice, i'm starting to dislike all the stageroom it takes up...I'm thinking about building a much smaller board and having both and depending on the gig take one or the other...

• Members

I used to have a multi fx unit, for whammy, ring mod, extra delay, and synth-like sounds. as well as a phase 90, digidelay, od, fuzz, wah and eq.

i ditched the multifx, then i started using only phase, delay, od and wah.

then was wah, od, delay

now i only use my big muff and my digidelay.

last nite's rehearsal only included my delay.

:eek:

• Members

i think mine might change.

i don't typically use my wah or phaser. so i'm gonna get rid of those, get another dl4, a trem....

also, i like to set my tubescreamer to have a light like... past clean death cab-y sound, but i'd like to have a similar sound but thicker... suggestions?

• Members

I've downsized my rig these past few weeks. I went from 18 to 12. I really want to have less but I can't fathom the idea of getting rid of more. I was actually thinking of getting some kind of rack for some modulation but then again, I would'nt be downsizing.....:rolleyes:

• Members

I've downgraded to:

ABY - switch box - tuner - fuzz - compressor - phaser - tremolo - delay

before:

ABY - switch box - tuner - fuzz - compressor - phaser - tremolo - delay - envelope filter - noise gate - clean boost - second delay

• Members

I'm in the process. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to put some of those little critters back in their boxes.

I mean, it's like I've become attached to and sentimental over a pedal!?!?!?; God help me.:(

*"no, no, not me", cries the Keeley BD-2 as the lid goes on the box*

• Members

I don't think i can do it.

I was running:

Picture wah>fuzz factory>boost>keleley BD2>Loooper a) Keeley TS9 b) keeley RAT> Keeley compressor> VL tremolo>Bypass strip 1) Infinitphase> PS5 + EV5 2) FL9, DD20> tuner mute.

Had some auditions for bandmembers and played just DD20 + Big Cheese and it was hot. My playing was actually better for it :confused:

tried going to a small board:

Fuzz factory> BD2> compressor (thought i wouldn't need this but I'm using it more and more)>PS5+EV5>DD20>trem> powered by Powerall instead of the 10 plug Juice Box...

I'm straying back to the big board.

Current home board:

Strobostomp>Big Cheese>DD20>Alesis Philtre>Dano EQ

• Members

HCEF was a bad influence and I used to be on this forum ALL the time and I used to use 15 pedals, a mixer and a groovebox thing in my chain.

I can't get on HCEF much now and just use fuzz factory, wah, trimetal and trem.

Coincidence?

Archived