so i saw the arcade fire last night

Montag

• Members

yeah, i know, i know, but i dont mind their music. saw them in favourite creepy old theatre downtown (built about 100 years ago).

two openers:

Bell Orchestre: trumpet, french horn, violin, upright bass. pretty good, a tad repepitive, but interesting instrumental stuff. some effects here and there i do believe, but i was on the first balcony, so i couldnt see:(

Wolf Parade: had a bit of television going on, mixed with 80s british sound i guess. pretty common indie band of today sound. i liked them though. nice telecaster, nice gretsch.

Arcade Fire: good show. lotsa stuff going on at once (8 people on stage at once on average). lots of instrument switching. some nice gear (72 telecaster custom, jaguar, jazzmaster, alnut 12 string 335). couple of covers (bowie, springsteen). enjoyable.

• Members

Good old Canadian boys and girl. Did you notice a tall skinny dude doing monitors? He's a friend of mine, local Guelph resident. He's one lucky bastard.

I saw them a couple of times, I think they are a little overated. There seems to be a trend in indie bands these days to have as many people crammed on stage as possible. Why not just sample everything? :D

• Members

Originally posted by veil

I was told they were the best modern band out today, and when I listened to them I realized I had been lied to.

That's sweet that they covered Springsteen, though. Do you remember what song?

theyre a little over rated, but i dig em enoguh to pay 30 bucks to see em

new jersey turnpike or something.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by innobidova

i've recently found that the arcade fire is surprisingly tasteful when the mood is right. what's also surprising is that they make me want to listen to U2
:eek:

somebody slap me
:freak:

why did you dig this up?:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by incubass

saw 'em back in january. great show, and I think funeral and the EP are both excellent. They're just going through the usual indie backlash...IIRC interpol was the last band it happened to.

anti-arcade fire backlash??

geez, this geek-on-geek hatin' has gotta stop.

we don't need some kinda Tupac/Biggee thing bringin' down the scene, yo?

• Members

Originally posted by Max Factor

anti-arcade fire backlash??

geez, this geek-on-geek hatin' has gotta stop.

we don't need some kinda Tupac/Biggee thing bringin' down the scene, yo?

I think it's so trite...Most of my "indie" friends are already distancing themselves from arcade fire...which would be fine if they didn't like them so much before...

• Members
Originally posted by desertlimosine

Saw them a few months ago. I thought they put on a hell of a show!
:thu:

they're just fine.
i'm just wondering if it's efrim on vocals or whether everyone in canada sings like that now. is it a racial thing where you have to be ethnically canadian to sing like that?

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

they're just fine.

i'm just wondering if it's efrim on vocals or whether everyone in canada sings like that now. is it a racial thing where you have to be ethnically canadian to sing like that?

i think you need to be a freak from montreal. see also: wolf parade.

Archived