EFFECTS LOOP QUESTION jcm800????

bleedblack

• Members

Just thinking of running some pedals on my floorboard ( ch-3, dd-3 and noise gate) through my amps loop, but i want to leave them in my pedalboard and run a long cord to and from my amp. anybody think this would be ok, or will it seriously suck my tone??? OR should i stick to my intellifex, even though i cant get a strong enough signal from the amp f/x loop output to drive the unit? any suggestions would be greatfully accepted.

• Members

You should be fine with the long cords. I do the same thing, using 2 20' cords (one for send, one for return) and never had any problems. The buffers on those Boss pedals are pretty good and should be able to drive the extra capacitance of the long cables.

Just try it out. Check it with and without the stuff in the effects loop.

-Alex

• Members

Originally posted by Ax Murderer

You should be fine with the long cords. I do the same thing, using 2 20' cords (one for send, one for return) and never had any problems. The buffers on those Boss pedals are pretty good and should be able to drive the extra capacitance of the long cables.

Just try it out. Check it with and without the stuff in the effects loop.

-Alex

hey, thanks man

i think i'll get myself a couple of good quality leads and try it. I have read of others doing this, but i just wondered if there was maybe another device i needed to use to boost the signal. i do prefer the sound of the pedals to the rack unit, as the signal is a bit weak into the rocktron, hence the output is not as complete as it should be.

• Members

You could always make the wise decision and put a remote switchable true bypass box by your amp and use just 1' cables instead of 15' cables. Than, the only line to run is for the off/on switch. I still can't figure out why everyone moves an entire effect unit with a power source to the front of the stage when all they need is the off/on switch at the front of the stage?!?!?

I know a lot of people can't hear the 20' cables but I always could.

www.nobels.com (Loop Master)

Check out my rig for an example of how easy this is.

2005-08-26-120239-9973.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

I did 10' to and 10' from a boss ge7 and rv3 into a couple of different 800's with no problems at all.

i too have just bought a ge7. did you run it in the loop for eq, or as a lead boost? oh....thanks for the advice.

• Members
Originally posted by tshapiro

You could always make the wise decision and put a remote switchable true bypass box by your amp and use just 1' cables instead of 15' cables. Than, the only line to run is for the off/on switch. I still can't figure out why everyone moves an entire effect unit with a power source to the front of the stage when all they need is the off/on switch at the front of the stage?!?!?

I know a lot of people can't hear the 20' cables but I always could.

www.nobels.com
(Loop Master)

Check out my rig for an example of how easy this is.

2005-08-26-120239-9973.jpg

that looks a cool set-up!!!
only thing is , i dont use too many pedals, and i just want too keep it real simple you know....but i guess if your using
a number of pedals with different settings options it would be ace.

• Members
Originally posted by bleedblack

that looks a cool set-up!!!

only thing is , i dont use too many pedals, and i just want too keep it real simple you know....but i guess if your using

a number of pedals with different settings options it would be ace.

Wait a minute. How could you get simpler than plugging in three 1' cords and one 1-Spot to power the whole thing up? I just use delay, chorus, phase, and a tuner. It literally takes me 2 minutes to setup/breakdown my rig at shows... which is nice as we played shows the last 3 nights in a row this weekend :)

Plus, I never get bad cables with this - it's bullet proof.

• Members
Originally posted by tshapiro

Wait a minute. How could you get simpler than plugging in three 1' cords and one 1-Spot to power the whole thing up? I just use delay, chorus, phase, and a tuner. It literally takes me 2 minutes to setup/breakdown my rig at shows... which is nice as we played shows the last 3 nights in a row this weekend
:)

Plus, I never get bad cables with this - it's bullet proof.

so.....you set your pedals, leave them on top of your amp, then use on/off switches to bring them in and out of the loop?

• Members
Originally posted by bleedblack

glasshopper see the light...........!!!!

So........where can i get, and how much will this switching unit cost?

contact www.nobels.com. They have a distributor in the US and in Germany. At the time, only the German distributor was availble called Muzik Solutions. They are a huge company and I have bought a lot of gear from them, I'm in the US, without any issue. They have been a dream to work with. If you can get the Loop Master from the US distributer it should be around $80 I think. The on/off pedal is from Mojo Music which is about $25. Email me at todd_shapiro@ml.com if you want me to get you the exact contact info on Monday.

Archived