delay or reverb as first pedal?

Gigino

• Members

Originally posted by EvilSoup

Boss DD20

for the price of a DD20, you can get both the Digitech Digidelay and Digiverb together.

both are nicely priced, and built well, and sound great!

think about it.

they'll also have much more functionality than the Boss RV3, even though the RV 3 is a good suggestion.

• Members
Originally posted by Gigino

i cannot easely find a rv3 here in italy and i prefer to buy new. Is there some similar pedal?

well... you could do those new Zoom multi-effect pedal, and get delay, reverb, chorus, flange, etc - and it only costs $99 US.

ever thought of that?
231444.jpg

or the Yamaha Magic Stomp is also priced the same and does the multi effect thing too
158918.jpg

• Members

I guess I'm the only one who hated the RV-3. All of the reverbs are tinny sounding to my ears with too many metalic effects. The Line 6 Verbzilla is set to replace my amp's (non-footswitchable) reverb.

Delay is where you need to go first. It would actually be cool to get them both at the same time, but I realize (as a gear slut) that it takes time to get a well rounded pedal board together. I use the Line 6 (no noise what-so-ever) "Echo Park" for all of my delay needs and will soon use the Line 6 "Verbzilla" as my reverb. Before anyone shoots me for recommending Line 6, I should say that the Echo Park is currently the only digital effect in my chain.

Eat Snacky Smores.:p

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

for the price of a DD20, you can get both the Digitech Digidelay and Digiverb together.

both are nicely priced, and built well, and sound great!

think about it.

they'll also have much more functionality than the Boss RV3, even though the RV 3 is a good suggestion.

excellent suggestion! there are times when i don't want delay, just reverb.

Archived