PacifiCustom Pedals receives a facelift!

ryanspeer

• Members

Originally posted by ryanspeer

LOTS of time with a wire-brush-wheel, a cordless drill, and then even more time with some fine-grit sandpaper and elbow-grease.

how does such a wire-brush-wheel look like?

Can you post a pic?

I have this circular sanding 'stones' (sort of cross between sponge and rock), but they will cut into the surface of the enclosures.

• Members
Originally posted by catalinbread

Nice facelift!

045325167847_4.jpg

and what kind of 'grit' or 'strength' are we talking about then?
I've seen those too.

The thing is, I'd like to get this circular pattern on my unpainted pedals, like how the Engl footswitches and the H&K Tubefactor look.

Like this:
img77551-88233.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by ryanspeer

You actually had me going there for a second. . .
:D

I'm good, baby.
;)

I might order that simple clean/dirty 2 loop number you've got going. I had a loooper once that was way more complex and quite frankly it had too much going on for my needs. A simple single switch to go back and forth between 2 loops is all this taco needs.

I love you sir.

taco

• Members

I think the new logo (with the flames) is a definite improvement.

if only Ryan would drop that god-awful italic font. Looks way too aggressive for a company whose name subliminally implies 'smoothness, palm trees, the surfer way of life'.

@Ryan, I dunno how cheap you get the LED bezels, but I just found the cheapest I could find;
Ebay seller angelsylvia. 100 metal LED bezels + plastic inserts, incl. shipping for $15!
I used to get them from another girl in Hong Kong, called Ubiditnow, but the new ones are slightly lower, which IMO equals better looking. Nothing so ugly as a too high LED bezel.

Small Bear has the best looking ones (those chrome ones), but I only use those for special stuff, since they're like $0.70 each, instead of $0.15. ;) Yes it's peanuts, but when you buy 100 of these mofo's, the difference suddenly accumulates to $55!

• Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

I think the new logo (with the flames) is a definite improvement.

if only Ryan would drop that god-awful italic font. Looks way too aggressive for a company whose name subliminally implies 'smoothness, palm trees, the surfer way of life'.

@Ryan, I dunno how cheap you get the LED bezels, but I just found the cheapest I could find;

Ebay seller angelsylvia. 100 metal LED bezels + plastic inserts, incl. shipping for $15!

I used to get them from another girl in Hong Kong, called Ubiditnow, but the new ones are slightly lower, which IMO equals better looking. Nothing so ugly as a too high LED bezel.

Small Bear has the best looking ones (those chrome ones), but I only use those for special stuff, since they're like $0.70 each, instead of $0.15.
;)
Yes it's peanuts, but when you buy 100 of these mofo's, the difference suddenly accumulates to $55!

Suggestion regarding the font is well-noted. I've been hemming and hawing regarding it.

Regarding LED bezels, I've shopped around quite a bit and settled on these for now because, for one, I really like the plastic insert as it doesn't fall out on its own. The metal ones I've used in the past (including those from Smallbear) do fall out unless you bend back the leads of the LED's while working on the pedals. Small hassle during construction, but one that continually got underneath my skin. I don't mind the height of them at all, personally, but I'm not stuck on them either. I'll check into the ones you found. Thanks for the tip!

Archived