VOX Repeat Percussion?

elctmist

• Members

Tried an NOS one at a gtr show. It does cut level a wee bit.
It also has the most unique trem pattern. It wont do a fender trem, but it'll do it's own trem and you'll have to let it play you a bit.
It gets very trancelike, cool cool cool.

I'd say best at being used for recording than for live.

• Members

Originally posted by jove

Tried an NOS one at a gtr show. It does cut level a wee bit.

It also has the most unique trem pattern. It wont do a fender trem, but it'll do it's own trem and you'll have to let it play you a bit.

It gets very trancelike, cool cool cool.

I'd say best at being used for recording than for live.

Well its gonna get used for both if I get one, don't want Fender amp trem, I have that, hard chop wierd-ass trem is the order of the day.

• Members

Originally posted by teardrop

Sonic just used the trem on his Vox amp, no? I have a video of him slowing/speeding up the trem manually by hand on the amp...

"I've also been working on the final prototype of my effects pedal, a remake with extra features of the treble/bass booster, fuzztone, & repeat percussion that I use on my VOX guitar - the pedal is called the SONIC STARSTREAMER. We've been tweaking & adding features for a little while, but it's sounding amazing, people seem very impressed with it. I do that with my partner in crime STEVE THOMAS. I believe there are pics and some info at http://www.new-atlantis.info/"

The rp was built into his guitar I suppose.

• Members

http://www.new-atlantis.info/starstream.htm

wow, looks rad....

someone emailed me and told me hes putting the RP in a pedal....who was that?

i get a similar sound with the sho into the seek trem, very percussive...sometimes with a af9 afterwards.....

i guess its the sound of the RP without the drop

http://www.new-atlantis.info/recycler.htm

• Members

Some American Vox amps and guitars (the Starstreamer being Sonic's Vox guitar of choice) had the repeat-percussion built-in. All pretty much sound the same, and sound like the Farfisa Repeater which is in a friendly wah form. It is hard to say if the level is reduced as most tremolos sound quieter just because they are cutting signal for a lot of the time.

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

"I've also been working on the final prototype of my effects pedal, a remake with extra features of the treble/bass booster, fuzztone, & repeat percussion that I use on my VOX guitar - the pedal is called the SONIC STARSTREAMER. We've been tweaking & adding features for a little while, but it's sounding amazing, people seem very impressed with it. I do that with my partner in crime STEVE THOMAS. I believe there are pics and some info at
"

The rp was built into his guitar I suppose.

looks very cool!

• Members

Like Sir HC mentioned you can get the same sound with a Farfisa Repeat/Volume pedal.

Here's my old thread about that

The basic difference between this and other trems is it uses an exponential waveform to do the amplitude modulation.

Someday I'd like to get around to building a kinda clone myself (although I'll try to work without the unijunction transistor)

Archived