Digitech Whammy

josiahcooper

• Members

If you're looking for an original, good luck and I hope you've got 400 bucks lying around.

They're definately really sweet pedals though, I've never heard anything bad about them. I also don't know if the reissues measure up to the original, but at least you can find those.

• Members

There's one on ebay right now:

Item #: 7354457234

Damn, there's actually several.

One is already up to $455 bucks!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Granted it looks dead mint and has the box and all materials, but thats pretty damn expensive, and there's 3 days left to go on it.

# 7354891605

• Members

I got the Whammy 4 reissue off of a fellow HC forumite, and it's sweet. Took a little getting used to, but I'm definitely having fun with it. The only downside (and this is a minor one) is that it takes AC instead of DC, so you have to use their adapter. Good luck in your search!

• Members

I have a few friends who have owned the WH-1... It is the best of the bunch... but the other models capture 99% of the tone. The Whammy IV is good, also the Whammy II.

FYI: Jack White uses the whammy IV... Not that he is the best whammy guitarist.. but you have to figure that he could own any pedal on the planet if he wanted it.

;)

Archived