AOTD: One gray night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more...

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

i read that faulkner story. pretty darn good, but some annoying text problems on the site.

Oh, I didn't even look to make sure it was all there. I just remember that when I'd have students read it, I'd have them read e-text versions of it instead of them having to pay for books.

• Members

Originally posted by paulandpaul

on the recent dylan documentary they talk about how PP&M were assembled by some music biz types and were told how to dress and comb their hair, etc.

they were the n*sync of the folk movement.

Yeah, by Albert Grossman, the same guy who managed Dylan. They were each performing on their own and he brought them together. But they used their popularity to really support civil rights and stuff. Actually, when Grossman was putting it together, he had Peter Yarrow and Mary Travers ready but needed a third and tried to get an unknown Dylan to join, but then Noel "Paul" Stookey took the gig.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Noel "Paul" Stookey

Who later became a Christian singer, prompting my being dragged by my parents to not one but three of his concerts in the 1980s. I mean, it was better than having to see Petra more than once, but still not that great.

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

Who later became a Christian singer, prompting my being dragged by my parents to not one but three of his concerts in the 1980s. I mean, it was better than having to see Petra more than once, but still not that great.

Yeah. He did a bunch of work with some friends of ours out in Maine, I believe, with homeless people or something. I've never had the pleasure of seeing them. My folks went back in the 80s. I would've DEFINITELY thrown my panties onstage.

Archived