acoustic control corporation

GuyaGuy

• Members

I am a die hard ACC fan ever since I desperately needed an amp for a weekend gig and had only a couple hundred to spend knowing that we were playing outdoors unmiked.

My friend was selling an Acoustic 124 four tens 100 watts with casters, a cover owners manual and purchace reciept dated 1979.

I got it for $250

I later purchaced a, Acoustic G-60 112(1984) for an all purpose, rehersal, small gig amp. I loved the tone clean or overdriven. I gave it to my nephew when the handle broke off while I was carrying it. It took a nasty spill but still fired up with no problems.

I replaced it with a Peavey Bandit 65(1985). I love the peavey but the G-60 112 had better overall tone.

I still have the Acoustic 124 and gig with it about 9 times since last year. Great powerful amp with a great clean tone and EQ built in.

• Members

Originally posted by Catfish-Killa

I am a die hard ACC fan ever since I desperately needed an amp for a weekend gig and had only a couple hundred to spend knowing that we were playing outdoors unmiked.

My friend was selling an Acoustic 124 four tens 100 watts with casters, a cover owners manual and purchace reciept dated 1979.

I got it for $250

I later purchaced a, Acoustic G-60 112(1984) for an all purpose, rehersal, small gig amp. I loved the tone clean or overdriven. I gave it to my nephew when the handle broke off while I was carrying it. It took a nasty spill but still fired up with no problems.

I replaced it with a Peavey Bandit 65(1985). I love the peavey but the G-60 112 had better overall tone.

I still have the Acoustic 124 and gig with it about 9 times since last year. Great powerful amp with a great clean tone and EQ built in.

as you can see in my sig, the G60's my amp of choice. the OD channels not working--prolly just needs tubes--but it's a bit to heavy for me.

i've not played their earlier SS models but they're supposed to be the closest that SS comes to tube sound.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

i saw a while ago that a comeback was in the works but still no further info. anyone have the inside scoop?

so far all i've seen is this:

Guy that owns the schematics and patents and whatnot has decided not to go into manufacture -- he sells the schematics on ebay a lot.

There is a cheapo Japanese ripoff company that is apparently doing poorly built stuff with the Acoustic badge on it -- not sure if there's legal stuff surrounding the legit Acoustic stuff not coming out, but that's the status, and it looks to stay that way for a long time.

• Members

Actually, Samick Music Corporation owns the Acoustic name now, but the only thing they currently have in production are a couple models of powered PA speakers and a couple models powered subs for PA use.

A few years ago Samick produced a subwoofer for PA with the Acoustic name on it that had a motor driven 26" woofer that would handle 1000 watts RMS and reproduce all the way down to 1 hz. :eek:

I have two pair of the smaller brother to that sub, mine have an 18" driver in each of them, they hit pretty hard, with all four subs I can cover a room with close to 1000 seats. They're some hefty sub cabs to carry, though, they weigh in at about 105 pounds each. :eek:

Samick made some tube guitar amp prototypes a few years ago with the Acoustic badge on them as well, but I'm not real sure if they ever went into production or not.

• Members

Originally posted by Jon Hiller

Actually, Samick Music Corporation owns the Acoustic name now, but the only thing they currently have in production are a couple models of powered PA speakers and a couple models powered subs for PA use.

That's right, Samick. I actually found some bass amps on a Japanese website recently, and went into GAS convulsions for a spell before I figured out what was going on. I guess Samick has the name, but Doug Forbes has the designs and physical stuff from the company, or something like that. Anyway, turned out the new bass amps had a pretty bad rep.

• Members

Yeah I forgot about the 360, although I think they only made a handful of them, as I only saw a prototype of it and never even got any dealer lit on them.

The new PA stuff looks pretty nice but I haven't actually heard any of it. It's in nice-looking molded cabinets similar to Mackie's PA stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by Catfish-Killa

I heard the tube version is very Mesa -Like.

I scored the SS version for $99

That is the reason I dont own more tube amps. I can get good sounding SS for next to nothing.

the G60 is apparently a mesa clone that they had to stop making. apparently a mesa employee went to acoustic and brought the schematic w/ him!

• Members
Originally posted by Jon Hiller

A few years ago Samick produced a subwoofer for PA with the Acoustic name on it that had a motor driven 26" woofer that would handle 1000 watts RMS and reproduce all the way down to 1 hz.
:eek:

I have two pair of the smaller brother to that sub, mine have an 18" driver in each of them, they hit pretty hard, with all four subs I can cover a room with close to 1000 seats. They're some hefty sub cabs to carry, though, they weigh in at about 105 pounds each.
:eek:

Samick made some tube guitar amp prototypes a few years ago with the Acoustic badge on them as well, but I'm not real sure if they ever went into production or not.

thanks for the info.

so what's the deal w/ the website http://www.acousticcontrolcorporation.com ? is that the guy that giboonmiller means by:

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

samick-related or the guy
Guy that owns the schematics and patents and whatnot has decided not to go into manufacture -- he sells the schematics on ebay a lot

• 2 months later...
  • Members

what happened to acoustic360.com? it had a lot of info on almost every model they've made, and now it's not running anymore and the new website has no info at all. what gives? also, the search results for the acoustic 134 on ebay have been a desert lately. i used to see at least one per month.

Archived