flanger hoax soundclips

44ofjuly

• Members

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=347425

FH1- pedal playing itself with some slight guitar towards the end

FH2- this setting is one of those posted in the other hoax thread, the sweep will go into some noise part and back to normal phase

FH3- the sweet with flanger setting on the hoax, varying the blend, rate and some other knobs here and there

FH4- the hoax in clean

I thot the clean guitar part sound really robotic after the conversion of files here and there. Not a good example, but still, have a listen :)

fh.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

thank for the job man!!! the soundclips sound a bit "metallic" to me... is this just the reordings or is this also how the hoax feels when you play it?

thanks!
:p

Definitely the recording. It sounded much more natural when heard through the guitar amp. The file for the clip went through couple of conversion before i upload to soundclick site. So i guess it add some "digital-ness" to it.

• Members

on the noisy part, i thot the hiss was within tolerance...

As for the volume drop issue which someone mentioned in the other hoax thread, when playing clean notes through it, i find that its not too obvious. When having a distortion or overdrive into it, depending on how the blend knob is set, it might sound like volume drop. For this, i thought its more to slight lost of the highs when the phasing/flanging is sweeping through and thus sounding like a volume drop.

I encountered this for my infinitephase mk II also, kinda bug me when i first got it...

• Members

Originally posted by 44ofjuly

on the noisy part, i thot the hiss was within tolerance...

As for the volume drop issue which someone mentioned in the other hoax thread, when playing clean notes through it, i find that its not too obvious. When having a distortion or overdrive into it, depending on how the blend knob is set, it might sound like volume drop. For this, i thought its more to slight lost of the highs when the phasing/flanging is sweeping through and thus sounding like a volume drop.

I encountered this for my infinitephase mk II also, kinda bug me when i first got it...

I dont think it is that noisy, I did notice a volume drop with it, if I have distortion on it quite noticable.

Anyone mod these for a volume control yet:D

• Members

i doubt so, on the mod, since the pedal is quite new. Maybe wait for a while more, when it get to more users and see how it is it going for them

Iam only curious bout the 6 trim pots in it. Was guessing the trim 1 to 4 are for the fixed/swept phaser and the delay amount wheras theres another 2 (trim5/6), not sure for what.

and iam not about ready to try messing with that :D

• Members

or perhaps it might..

from what i have read from some effect forums, most of the new EH pedals starting from the 16sec reissue, pog, holiest grail etc, the responses can be either really bad or great. Seldom a in between..

oh well, dont come after my ass if anyone dont agree :D

• Members

I bought the thing thinking it would be a cheaper alternative to my infinitphase and it def. isnt. alot of settings are barely noticable for me or arent as extreme as i expect them to be. with the IF any combination of settings sounds like somthing and is present in the mix.

Archived