Larks' Tounges King Crimson bass fuzz?

• Members

Now see, if you had my book (see sig) you would know the answer to that. I interviewed Pete Cornish, who built custom pedalboards for King Crimson in that era. I asked him specifically about KC and what effects they used and he said Wetton had a (Jen) Double Sound wah/fuzz. Here's a picture of one:

73jends.jpg

• Members

Hmm, thanks Tom. The book looks cool!

So . . . Jen Double Sound wah/fuzz . . . any gearheads here know if there is a similar contemporary fuzz circuit to the one used in this Jen here? Was the Double Sound tailored for bass?(I'm guessing not) Would a non-bass specific fuzz get me close to this sound? I wonder if the wah circuit is before or after the fuzz? Am I asking too many questions? I'll have to check out a Big Muff... never considered them for bass... thanks!?!!

• Members

I think the Maestro Bass Brassmaster sounds awfully close to that sound. That's what I had suspected Wetton was using before I interviewed Pete Cornish. Chris Squire of Yes used the Bass Brassmaster on occasion. The originals are ridiculously expensive, but Black Cat makes a clone called the Bass Octave Fuzz. I have one and trust me, it'll get that sound.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I think the Maestro Bass Brassmaster sounds awfully close to that sound. That's what I had suspected Wetton was using before I interviewed Pete Cornish. Chris Squire of Yes used the Bass Brassmaster on occasion. The originals are ridiculously expensive, but Black Cat makes a clone called the Bass Octave Fuzz. I have one and trust me, it'll get that sound.

Malekko B:assmaster is an EXACT clone of the original Maestro Brassmaster.

Search for Malekko on HCFX here for more info. I have one in the mail and I can't wait to plug in.

• Members

Hey Tom? Is Fred still making pedals? I tried to order his Ring Mod through Mike and it never came through.

• Members

In the Battle of the Brassmaster clones i got a Black cat bass fuzz last night to compair the two (to the Malekko B:ASSMASTER)...i will say they are two very different pedals. If anyone wants sound samples feel free to email me. I should have them done today

• Members

Malekko B:assmaster is an EXACT clone of the original Maestro Brassmaster.

Search for Malekko on HCFX here for more info. I have one in the mail and I can't wait to plug in.

MY NIPPLES GET SO HARD WHEN I PLAY THAT FUCKING PEDAL!

Mine has a #16 sticker on the side, JOsh and Paul were kind enough to do that for me.

:love: :love: :love:

• Members

In the Battle of the Brassmaster clones i got a Black cat bass fuzz last night to compair the two (to the Malekko B:ASSMASTER)...i will say they are two very different pedals. If anyone wants sound samples feel free to email me. I should have them done today

Yes please! Green18watt at aol dot com. :thu:

Archived