And Justice For All...

• Members

This album is the best metal album EVER. The low caliber production is actually adding to my love of it. Just like listening to old Priest or Maiden when you can HEAR the amp, cabinet, and room through the recording. Hammit always draws solo's from the same pocket but this album is ripping.

Thats all. Yes I forgive Metallica... Fire that $40K/month cockbreathed Bob Rock and I will be a happy camper.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Kestral

I'm convinced that's it's Metallica's fault that the album sucks ass.

When people say things like that it upsets James Hetfield and he cries.

Do you realise what you are costing the man in therapy bills ???

• Members

The thing is, Bob Rock is normally a phenomenal producer. After seeing bits of the making of St. Anger, I'm convinced that's it's Metallica's fault that the album sucks ass.

Kestral, I know your joking! But it are comments like these that makes me disagree with people who call you gay... You are nothing like my gay friends... You say things that are so back asswards that it seems to me you are from a different planet!

Bob Rock is the fakest mother {censored}er in the world... Reminds me of every mid-level corporate manager with upward mobility I have ever encountered.

(continues to attempt to appreciate the Kestral oddity...)

Kiss IT!

J9fx1.jpg

• Members

From a production point of view, "Saint Anger' is about the worst produced album that ever took over a year to complete. Bob Rock should be hung by some Amperex tape. Bob Rock is not a member of Metallica, and I wish they'd realize it before he runs the band in the ground for good.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

This album is the best metal album EVER. The low caliber production is actually adding to my love of it. Just like listening to old Priest or Maiden when you can HEAR the amp, cabinet, and room through the recording. Hammit always draws solo's from the same pocket but this album is ripping.

Thats all. Yes I forgive Metallica... Fire that $40K/month cockbreathed Bob Rock and I will be a happy camper.

Well I don't know if it's the best metal album ever, but it's certainly the last good one Metallica ever put out. I attribute this to the simple fact that Cliff Burton had written probably 90% of this record before he died. Without him...well we all know what the black album sounded like irght?

• Members

Bob Rock produced Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood album which imo was well done. Enough said.

Definitely enough said to reinforce how lame you really are.

Bob Rock is a hack. Which is, of course, why you aspire to be like him.

• Members

And Justice for All was the peak of their career IMO. And although I rarely listen to it anymore, I have never been so thoroughly obsessed with any album. I had to buy that album on tape 4 times because I wore it out. Then I finally got a CD player and had to buy it again.

• Members

not to defend st anger.....i think it is the worst album i have ever heard. seriously. i literally broke my copy in disgust.

but.... from what i understand, the recording process was a concept.

put out a garage rock album. record everything on 57's, and basically throw out big budget recording.

i can understand that concept, and i give them credit for trying something new. they had done the big budget thing enough times, they wanted to change it up.

its unfortunate that they failed so miserably....

• Members
Originally posted by gregovertone

not to defend st anger.....i think it is the worst album i have ever heard. seriously. i literally broke my copy in disgust.

but.... from what i understand, the recording process was a concept.

put out a garage rock album. record everything on 57's, and basically throw out big budget recording.

i can understand that concept, and i give them credit for trying something new. they had done the big budget thing enough times, they wanted to change it up.

its unfortunate that they failed so miserably....

There are plenty of players on this board with low budget recording rigs that have good sounding recordings... What about recording like that was so hard for Metallica? It's not like recording in your garage with a bunch of 57's is a new concept. Didn't nirvana do something like that with Bleach, anyway?

• Members
Originally posted by bigtonemusic

And Justice for All was the peak of their career IMO. And although I rarely listen to it anymore, I have never been so thoroughly obsessed with any album. I had to buy that album on tape 4 times because I wore it out. Then I finally got a CD player and had to buy it again.

That sounds so familiar. From the ages of about 15-19 I though nothing could top And Justice for All... . I'm still not convinced that thrash can get any better. :)

Archived