ever tempted to buy a pedal you know nothing about just bcuz it's so cheap...

• Members

all the time. That Hartke bass thingamajig is the latest cheapie I scored.

weird fun fact: Don't know if all the Hartke pedals from Music 123 are like this, but this one was a brand new, sealed display model. Came screwed on to a heavy, huge, metal wedge floor display covered with inspiring messages sure to woo the most discerning Guitar Center customer ("AWESOME SOUNDING!"). It was certainly a heavy package; glad shipping was free!

Anyways, I got some free scrap metal to give to my sculptress girlfriend. Not too exciting, I guess.

um. . .

what was the question?

• Members

It wasnt cheap but I got a good price on the Meatball from Honeyspider (nice bloke BTW) and now have it for sale. I bought it out of curiosity and it aint me. I'll let it go for what I paid for it so no harm done.

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

... that is seems stupid
not
to buy it?

this
?

:confused:

umm, yeah! It's only lately that I've even bothered to or even been able to plug in. Almost all of my pedals were deals that were too good to pass up.

I've picked up a number of pedals at flea markets for real cheap and didn't have an instrument or amp to check them on. Most of the time they work out well, like my small-stone or deluxe electric mistress Actually I don't think I've picked up a cheap pedal I regretted yet.

If it doesn't work out, you cand probably flip it on ebay.

• Members

played the mystic blues and bought it as a birthday present for our former second guitarist who had no money and no pedal at this time.

is a ts-9 like overdrive, not much gain, i liked it more than the digitech bad monkey

haven't played it so much, that i could say more now, but for the price it was realy ok

• Members

Originally posted by shepherdspy

Behringer

We will all fall victim.

just wait

yeah, I'm practically salivating over the reverb pedal. Just hope it's better than the Dano Mini. Okay, now that was a bargain I passed on. Had to much of the discrete repeats like an echo at the beginning.

Oh, and there's another category of pedals I've bought cheap - GC holiday sales. Never heard of Dano's Wasabi pedals, but for $17 it was worth a shot. (I like them too).

Buy first, ask questions later.

• Members
Originally posted by hoerni

yeah, I'm practically salivating over the reverb pedal. Just hope it's better than the Dano Mini. Okay, now that was a bargain I passed on. Had to much of the discrete repeats like an echo at the beginning.

Oh, and there's another category of pedals I've bought cheap - GC holiday sales. Never heard of Dano's Wasabi pedals, but for $17 it was worth a shot. (I like them too).

Buy first, ask questions later.

I've got the dano reverb, i've also got the PB&J delay, and to me, it was the same pedal with less scope. :(

• Members
Originally posted by TheDarxide

I've got the dano reverb, i've also got the PB&J delay, and to me, it was the same pedal with less scope.
:(

To be fair, it wasn't as bad as I had heard. From some of the reviews I had read, it was the worst thing ever. It sounded okay to me, but the distinct repeats were annoying. Sure, some earlier arrivers make sense, but these were too pronounced. I figured I would just wait for the Behringer since they're in the same price group.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Yeah, I actually just bought a Peavey Deltafex on impulse, just because I found an auction ending in 30 seconds with a high bid of $25. I got it for $31.

*shrug*

i had one of those briefly. IIRC, there's a very convincing Leslieish sound somewhere in there!

in any event, you got a sick deal/.

• Members

Yeah, I actually just bought a Peavey Deltafex on impulse, just because I found an auction ending in 30 seconds with a high bid of $25. I got it for $31.

*shrug*

Is a deltafex part of the line that includes the tubefex, profex and bassfex? I'm not familiar with it.

I have the tubefex I got in a deal with a Marshall SS power amp and a 2x12. That was one I almost passed on, but a friend called me to tell me to get it. He was right. 4 gains stages with MIDI control - ahhh.

Been thinking about looking for a bassfex now...

• Members
Originally posted by hoerni

Is a deltafex part of the line that includes the tubefex, profex and bassfex? I'm not familiar with it.

I have the tubefex I got in a deal with a Marshall SS power amp and a 2x12. That was one I almost passed on, but a friend called me to tell me to get it. He was right. 4 gains stages with MIDI control - ahhh.

Been thinking about looking for a bassfex now...

I honestly don't know much about it. Its a rack multifx thing. Looks roughly like this.

peavey-deltafx.jpg

The one I bought is older than that though, so it has the older Peavey look.

• Members

I honestly don't know much about it. Its a rack multifx thing. Looks roughly like this.

The one I bought is older than that though, so it has the older Peavey look.

Looks a bit simpler. The tubefex is pretty cool cause you reorder the effects and stuff. I don't see how you could do that with what you posted. Seems like a good deal though.

Archived